Picking a PLatton an assault command

Is it me or the officer goes

To fast while assault team goes assault

So now the HQ and mortar teams are ahead of the moving teams.

Before wasn't it Hunt command when using Assault?

That create somehow a problem playing R-T

I tend to have an arrow formation of my platoons with HQ and mortar following the triangle of squads when I move on the assault.

Am I right?

Assault isn't meant to use as a platoon (group) command. It is intended to use to a single full squad. It will cause the sections within the squad to leap each other in succession while the other two sections provide covering fire. Since the HQ doesn't have sections it will run and never stop until it gets to the end waypoint.

So then, any tips on making a whole platoon folowing each others?

For example clearing a forest, I want my HQ to stick right behind, to effectively backin them in morale and leadership, but without being hit too hard by small arm fire.

Thing is in RL when you got something over a compagnie, all this micro-management is a bit excessive ! I'm trying to find ways to stll play the game without pressing pause.

I just like to have fast decisiong making situation.

For example clearing a forest, I want my HQ to stick right behind, to effectively backin them in morale and leadership, but without being hit too hard by small arm fire.

Clearing a forest can be tough, as you probably know. One tactic I use is to break off a scout section and send him ahead of the platoon using either hunt or walk. The scouts will die a quick death if the forest is defended, so don't get attached to them, but this will let you know anything is in the forest before committing the rest of the platoon. My suggested method of clearing a forest is to put 3 squads very close together and march them through line abreast in walk or hunt mode. The HQ can follow about 20m behind the line using the same mode.

Thing is in RL when you got something over a compagnie, all this micro-management is a bit excessive ! I'm trying to find ways to stll play the game without pressing pause.

A lot of players like the smaller battles for this reason. And I think the company size battles were what BFC intended when designing CM even though it's possible to have batallion + size battles.

If you want your hole platoon to move together then start them off in the formation you want and then use the same movement command Fast, Quick, Move or Slow and the will all stay together.

As you have seen Assault does not keep the formation and Hunt will not either. With Hunt when a squad encounters an enemy unit the will stop but other squads in the platoon will keep going.

However Hunt might be what you want in this case. The big problem for the attacker in the woods is creating the superior fire power you need when you cannot see very far. What often happens is on squad meets the enemy and get pounded. What you want is to have multiple squads meet the enemy. With Hunt your lead squad will stop and get pounded and the other squads will keep moving until they make contact to.

I have not tried it that way. I usually do the scouting ahead technique and then decide how to hit the encountered enemy after they are found.