No Random CW Vehicle Equipment

I noticed that the Brit vehicles and new German vehicles don't have varied stuff on them like the units that came with CMBN. There's an actual Commonwealth gear BMP included.

Here's some picks. The first one is a bunch of M4A1's from the base game...I loaded up about 8 in the editor and found at least five variations. Pic shows four of these.

96658409.jpg

I did the same with Brits and New German tanks. None had any variations. Below is a pic of

4 Sherman Vs...all identical.

britnoj.jpg

Is this a sort of bug? Over looked? Unimplemented code?

Mord.

Personally, I would say BF didn't want too expend resources on any additional graphical representations...other than infantry uniforms (which are superb). When using SS, the vehicles they use, particularly the camo schemes are all Wehrmacht including license plates. Nothing has been changed in regards to that issue.

Perhaps a falling out with the artist? Only BF can answer.

this is saddening news (and a bump so Mord doesn't have to do them all on himself).

The random equipment on the tanks is what makes them look alive and it's what I have always loved with CM2.

I agree. Since modules are supposed to be content only then one would imagine that proper models and textures with variation is something to expect when you buy new armies. From what I'm seeing and hearing that may not be the case..

Well, don't panic just yet...the actual Brit BMP is in the vehicles folder.

gearpicm.jpg

It could've been a time constraint issue, screw up, bug...maybe in the next patch they can address this. All the CMSF modules had the random vehicle stuff so I don't see why CW won't...least I hope they'll look into it. Won't know until someone official like replies in the thread.

Mord.

Well, don't panic just yet...the actual Brit BMP is in the vehicles folder.

gearpicm.jpg

It could've been a time constraint issue, screw up, bug...maybe in the next patch they can address this. All the CMSF modules had the random vehicle stuff so I don't see why CW won't...least I hope they'll look into it. Won't know until someone official like replies in the thread.

Mord.

There is at least some randomized equipment on some CW vehicles. Achilles and Wolverine seem to have a bunch of options, and the Cromwell IV has randomized gas cans.

SS vehicles came from the same factories as the Heer vehicles, so basecolour is also the same. And camo schemes were applied by the troops themselves, anyways. But license plates would be necessary for some correctnes indeed.

Yes, I am aware of where the vehicles came from and I understand camo was applied over the base paint from the factory. I was just wondering whether there might some some variation for SS vehicles with respect to the fun factor, immersion factor in the game. And I agree, at the very least, proper license plates should be available in base game.

@Mord

Is there anything in there Mord which shows different SS camo schemes for the vehicles? Or at the very least a change in the license plate?

Nope, all vehicles are shared...but that's very easily fixed from a modding stand point...someone could take any of Aris' Mods (or the stock textures) and use them as a base and just add the decals...be more work for camo, though...I am sure we'll be getting a lot of Waffen mods.

There is at least some randomized equipment on some CW vehicles. Achilles and Wolverine seem to have a bunch of options, and the Cromwell IV has randomized gas cans.

I think the most glaring are the Brit Shermans...they just look so naked and cookie cutter compared to the ones in the base game. There's a certain lack of "life" in the models as opposed to CMBN.

Mord.

This comment got me thinking. And looking. I know this is pure speculation, but Kwazydog has not made a post on the forums since last May. And Steve has been rarely seen recently. Coincidence? Maybe...

:) LOL. I can assure you there hasn't been a falling out there :). Steve and Kwazydog are just very busy at the moment on a lot of .... um ... things and stuff. ;)