The Law - or Tyranny

Not to disturb the new 81mm-dispersion thread, i have started this new thread.

Fun fact: quite a while ago someone tried this (or a similar) loophole to not have to pay a speeding ticket(!) to the non-existant state of Saxony...

Guess what? He lost. But the court probably had a good laugh.

But you should not forget the power that makes this "laughing" possible: it is not the law but sheer executive power. I have read several personal homepages from such people and their struggle, but what i find most interesting are the "answers" of the courts.

Most of them have clearly expressed, that they do NOT refuse to pay the fine, but only express their legal reservations about the legitimacy of the court itself and they simply want an answer, before paying a relatively small fine, about the laws, that are the foundation for the court's competence in their area.

So far I have not come across a single answer from a court referencing the laws. If someone knows about the FRGs problem since 1990 and the missing Art. 23, then this becomes very understandable - but amusing?

It reminds me very much about the discussion about the legitimacy of the IRS in the USA. On one side is the power, on the other side the powerless pro-constitutional argumentation. The case of Joe Banister was an eye opener for me in that regard.

Or think about the fact, that only US-Congress can declare war - and what has been left of it these days.

Or the whole EU-agenda: although it is strictly forbidden that countries pay for the debts of other countries (IIRC in the Treaty of Maastricht), exactly that happens.

Therefore, if one believes it is a far fetched theoretical discussion, if the German Empire still exists and the FRG has lost it's scope, or others find it amusing, then they shouldn't be surprised at all if people like Jon Corzine are walking free, private banks are supported with hundreds of billions, or banksters can fake mortage-papers and walk away with bonuses while families are becoming homeless.

That this is possible today, with thousands of TV-stations, and the "free press" goes back to the root we also have witnessed in the other thread:

The ignorance of the masses about the law as long as they believe not being negatively affected by the consequences: Things are good, if they please me. And if they don't please you anymore? Then the sheeple will wake up. But then it will be too late - for them.

What the Sam Hell does this have to do with CMBN?

I realize that threads started on CM-related topics sometimes stray away from their original subject, and occasionally stray so far as to end up in totally non-game related areas.

At least when it comes to starting new threads, though, I personally would prefer it if we kept this forum focused on threads directly related to CMBN, and used the General Discussion forum to open threads on other topics.

Regards,

YD

[i do feel obligated to add an OT quote from an excellent piece of theater I saw recently -- These Seven Sicknesses by Sean Graney:

Haemon: Do the people want tyranny or justice?

Creon: I don't know. Maybe they want tyranny that feels like justice.]

As I posted in the other thread, by "Guys, not here" I meant "not on this forum". Please take this to a forum that encourages these sorts of non-CM-related discussions.