Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

Hey Erwin, how many times a day does your squeeze slap you in the head?

Erwin: "Hey Sugar Britches, you know, when you cook broccoli the fork should sit at a 30 degree angle to my plate to best reflect the green of the vegetable...When you sit it at a forty degree angle the broccoli looks less green...more washed out...not as vibrant as the broccoli the Germans served in 1943..."

Sugar Britches: "SHADDUP and eat, Erwin!...Germans this..." *SLAP*

LMAO! You are a character, man.

Mord.

VERY nice, Aris. That's one of my favorite vehicles. I can't wait to get my mod done I am way behind on DLing all your great stuff. But it'll give me something to look forward to.

Really love this one...that ambulance looks really sweet.

Mord.

The great thing about having decal options is that if you dupe and renumber the basic vehicle (say) 3-5 times, and have one ambulance version, you usually can get a vehicle fleet (assuming 3-5 vehicles) that has one ambulance (based on random selection).

You can do that with the truck mod as well.

This is possibly my best mod (for me, humbly...of course) yet. At least I feel quite happy with two of my latest vehicle mods (M5 Halftrack and White Scout Cars). Modding it's a tough learning process for sure, you get stuck with habits and achieve similar results (if not worse) for months, and then, one day, after you discover a new technique, a new way of applying textures, your mods get a new level. But it is a matter of trying and trying and trying.

I have been thinking lately about remodding (does this verb exist? ;) ) my very first mods (Tigers, Shermans, Kubelwagen, Panthers,...) as I find I can improve them now.

I would say, yes please! I only use your vehicle mods now Fuser. I don't need to use anything else.

I think Panzer IVs and Kubelwagen need a further refinement, don't they? I never felt happy with my modding results with them, funny enough, they are the most downloaded mod.

The scout car looks great! Cant wait for that Jagdpanther to get your treatment.

Regarding remodding the ones you did first. Id love that if your up for it. Some of them came without any decals which I would love if they were updated with. You are spoiling us with all these goodies.

This is possibly my best mod (for me, humbly...of course) yet. At least I feel quite happy with two of my latest vehicle mods (M5 Halftrack and White Scout Cars).

You are right...I LOVED what you did before but these newer ones are just looking better and better.

Modding it's a tough learning process for sure, you get stuck with habits and achieve similar results (if not worse) for months, and then, one day, after you discover a new technique, a new way of applying textures, your mods get a new level. But it is a matter of trying and trying and trying.

HA! LOL I KNOW exactly what you are talking about...it's one of the reasons my portraits are taking so long...Unfortunately every time I'd do something a bit better it would be right as I was about to finish the thing! Then I'd have like 100 really great ones and 700 really bland ones.

I have been thinking lately about remodding (does this verb exist? ;) ) my very first mods (Tigers, Shermans, Kubelwagen, Panthers,...) as I find I can improve them now.

I'm up for whatever you do...but my suggestion would be to either do all the CW stuff first or rotate...one for one, one Cw one Base game. Focus wise it might be best to keep doing CW stuff and then you'll have the older base stuff to look forward to and it'll keep your drive and passion up. That's what I've been doing...focusing on one nation and getting ALL their portraits done before I'll allow myself to move on to the next, I get more accomplished then I did when I was jumping back and forth during the many times I've redone them.

Anyway...REALLY great work!

Mord.