Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

Aris, great work!

What is the name of the brushes you use for mud effect in Photoshop? Ive been doing some skining for Steelbeasts Pro and I have been doing my mud from scratch. the mud you got look superb so I want to get my hands on those mud brushes/plugins! :)

/Chainsaw

I don't use brushes for mud efects. I use photoreal samples of mud, dust, splatters, and so on...The brushes I use you can get them from free in the net, not that they are so rare. I first apply some general weathering with Multiply blending mode (opacity usually around 15-20%), then I apply some real (photoreal I mean) stains, dust, mud in Normal mode(opacity varies from 10 to 15%), once opacity reduced, brushes come to help, splatters, stains, etc. But if you want some nice effects go get some masked photoreal dirt pics, select portions, modify opacity, delete... They make the difference.I use filters to modify the Background focus and detailing,...Hue/Saturation command in PS it's of great help too.

Next will be the Cromwell VIII this weekend, I need some time for aircraft scale modelling (which is my preferred activity along with playing electric guitar ;) ).

Edited: Cromwell VII and VII Rhino will be included too along with VIII to have all these Cruiser Tanks modded eventually.

Extract from my latest "Readme":

"These bitmaps were left apart at the time of making my optional HD texture pack ("Aris AddOn Texture Pack"1 &2").They alone took many many (did I say many?)hours to complete but eventually didn’t make it, due to some aligning nightmares and headaches. I am not going to make you tired with modding excuses but these ones were too difficult for me to get a nice result especially in diagonal sections, so I took them out of the Pack.

Today, I saw the screenshot thread in BFC forum and decided I had better alternatives for Paved Road 1 after all, so here you are, an unfinished piece of software you can use and improve. They are not what I expect when releasing a mod, but not bad after all. Hope you enjoy them!"

Thumb-6.jpg

Uploading as I write. No warranty.

Very nice! I like the rhino textures a lot.

Damn, Aris you aren't too far from being done...I haven't officially counted them up but you should be right close.

Mord.

THANKS portrait master, but I am afraid there is a lot to be done yet....

Loyd Carrier

Bedford Trucks

Humber III

Churchill VI

V CS

VIII CS

Cromwell VII, VII Rhino, VIII (in the works)

Sherman I

Ic Firefly

III

V

Vc Firefly

Stuart V, VI

Sexton II

Achilles

Wolverine

That was easy for me to say, huh? LOL seeing that I am not doing them. I'll have to take a look in the editor...been working on other stuff and haven't been paying close attention.

LOL portrait master...that's funny.

Mord.

Uploaded, 4 decal options and 1 HD texture variant ( I would like to get some feedback on this, as I am uncertain as the results are worth the extra size of the textures). Should be available on Monday, if the new announcement doesn't take all the effort for the devs (I already uploaded a file on Thursday that hasn't been made available yet, suspicious minds ;) ).

ALL Cromwells in the game are modded,...eventually.

Extract from my latest "Readme":

"These bitmaps were left apart at the time of making my optional HD texture pack ("Aris AddOn Texture Pack"1 &2").They alone took many many (did I say many?)hours to complete but eventually didn’t make it, due to some aligning nightmares and headaches. I am not going to make you tired with modding excuses but these ones were too difficult for me to get a nice result especially in diagonal sections, so I took them out of the Pack.

Today, I saw the screenshot thread in BFC forum and decided I had better alternatives for Paved Road 1 after all, so here you are, an unfinished piece of software you can use and improve. They are not what I expect when releasing a mod, but not bad after all. Hope you enjoy them!"

Thumb-6.jpg

Uploading as I write. No warranty.

Available at CMMODS:

Paved Road 1 Mod Beta