King Tiger, unfinished, lacking detail?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that much about what vehicles we get, but the fact that there are even more models that clearly are not finished. If graphics are not part of the game then why make them good in the first place.

I will not use the KT or Wespe in battles since they look so out of place on the map. Now graphics are not the main reason to get CMBN, but definately a reason people do not get back to CMx1 (too much). :(

Apart from that, some of my main interests historically involve the KT, albeit in very limited roles.

The Lynx and Wespe are horrible too in comparison with the other models.

Sorry to pile on, but this was my first impression as well. The roadwheels on the PZII and undercarriage on the Wespe really have an unfinished look about them. Actually, all of the new German AFV's, with the possible exception of the PzJgV, come across as visually lackluster.

To be sure, there are many fine aspects to the new module, however the inconsistency of the AFV model/texture quality does jump out.

A quick note - there appears to be a misplacement of Luftwaffe Field Division helmets with the crews of SS halftracks on occasion. Perhaps a texture is coded up to appear in the wrong place.

I'm starting to wonder if further work on the German armour models & textures was the victim of a perceived need to get the module released in something like a reasonable timeframe. This is just speculation - it would be good to hear from BFC what happened.

If there didn't happen a mistake with the textures and as long as this is purely a texture problem, i don't think this is a problem at all. Actually i think the oposite is the case and it has advantages: the modders finally have some room to really increase the look, which is good for the community and the benefit for the customers is a faster release cycle if manhours can be spent on things, that cannot be solved by the modders.

I noticed that sometimes enlisted SS soldiers will be rendered with the SS officer uniform.

Do you have an example of when and where?

Also, there's a texture mapping issue with the collar on the enlisted SS uniform:

CMNormandy2012-03-0823-11-54-60.jpg

Is this specific to a particular posture or animation or does it happen in all positions?

Do you have an example of when and where?

I've seen it quite often with Pioneer sections. I don't think I've seen it with any other formations.

Is this specific to a particular posture or animation or does it happen in all positions?

It happens always, regardless of posture.

akd, I see what is going on with the Waffen SS pioneer sections now: they're wearing the assault gun uniform textures, which of course have a mix of officer ranks on them. I assume they should be wearing the standard infantry camo uniform instead?

akd, I see what is going on with the Waffen SS pioneer sections now: they're wearing the assault gun uniform textures, which of course have a mix of officer ranks on them. I assume they should be wearing the standard infantry camo uniform instead?

The Wehrmacht pioneers are also wearing the tank crew grey uniforms

and that is why they don't have gear and no chin strap with the helmet.

To use the same skeleton model for pioneers and tank crews was no good idea.

Except for the Jagdpanther the new German tanks are looking awful - there is no love in detail.

Even the national emblem (cross) is missing. :mad:

CMBN is not for stupid casual gamers but for a very specialized kind of players who mostly

have a vast knowledge about WWII - so it's QUALITY that counts.

CMBN is not for stupid casual gamers but for a very specialized kind of players who mostly

have a vast knowledge about WWII - so it's QUALITY that counts.

So, now eye candy is important?

BFC and BFC fans need to agree on what's important. Visual quality or gameplay.

Physics, visual damage models, etc. are just eye candy.

BFC should just give us green 3D boxes for the allies, and grey 3D boxes for the axis. People would still pay $60 for it.

I was seriously disappointed with this module. I will not be buying another one.

$35 is just a rip off! Reskinned german infantry, and reskinned with sucky textures.

Waffen-SS is just the regular flippin' WH infantryman, but with low-res erbsenmuster texture.

BFC said that smocks could/would be done, but hey, why increase the work load and quality?

New german tanks look like crap. They belong back in the 1990's. Only reason the Jagdpanther looks any better is because it was completed with the base game.

New allied vehicles don't look that much better. Where's the interiors? Where's the polish?

We're heading back to CMx1 quality.

I will not recommend this heinously overpriced piece of DLC to anyone (maybe if it was $5).

No patch will come to fix this ****ty mess. I'm out.

Been playing CM since CMBO, but this one just filled the glass 2-girls-1-cup style.

BFC should just give us green 3D boxes for the allies, and grey 3D boxes for the axis. People would still pay $60 for it.

I was seriously disappointed with this module. I will not be buying another one.

$35 is just a rip off! Reskinned german infantry, and reskinned with sucky textures.

Waffen-SS is just the regular flippin' WH infantryman, but with low-res erbsenmuster texture.

BFC said that smocks could/would be done, but hey, why increase the work load and quality?

New german tanks look like crap. They belong back in the 1990's. Only reason the Jagdpanther looks any better is because it was completed with the base game.

New allied vehicles don't look that much better. Where's the interiors? Where's the polish?

We're heading back to CMx1 quality.

I will not recommend this heinously overpriced piece of DLC to anyone (maybe if it was $5).

No patch will come to fix this ****ty mess. I'm out.

Been playing CM since CMBO, but this one just filled the glass 2-girls-1-cup style.

Whoops not a happy customer.... I must admit to being surprise at the quality of the King Tiger. But I'm sure that it will be modded by one of the excellent artists out there soon.

Waffen-SS is just the regular flippin' .....

Most incoherent post, ever.