King Tiger, unfinished, lacking detail?

Fianlly got CMWealth downloaded, seems good so far.

I tried the King Tiger today in a QB. But wait. Is it only me or does it seriously lack in detail?

I have no hangers for the towing cables, entirely clean sides, tracks look like unmodded CMx1, stange looking exhausts and mantlet.

Was it released unfinished or is there something else going on?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fianlly got CMWealth downloaded, seems good so far.

I tried the King Tiger today in a QB. But wait. Is it only me or does it seriously lack in detail?

I have no hangers for the towing cables, entirely clean sides, tracks look like unmodded CMx1, stange looking exhausts and mantlet.

Was it released unfinished or is there something else going on?

I agree, in light of all the models, the King Tiger is just downright ugly and/or unfinished.

The in game Porche KT does not appear to have the tread links mounted on the left side turret like those seen in the release candidate screens. When you compare the KT to the Jagpanther, well there is no comparrison. The in game KT may be an earlier low poly model. Must have slipped through.

The links looked "solid" not like an alpha layer. That being said the KT should be a higher poly masterpiece for the attention the darned thing gets. Compare the road wheels of the Jagdpanther or Panther to the KT and you will see an obvious difference.

@dpabrams

Like akd said, the tracks still exist, but are on the Alpha layer. No Tiger II in Normandy had the tracks, and only very few (Henschel) had them in France. They were only officially introduced (factory modification) in November 1944. They are entirely out of the timeline in CMBN.

My problem is, that the KT had a reasonable big part in the screenshots, but it is definately not up to the other high quality models. Like many have pointed out - the Jagdpanther looks very very good. The model itself lacks some details, not repairable by a new skin.

I am a huge fan of the KT and its history, thus my biased complaints. Should however give more credit to the overall high quality of the module. :)

@dpabrams

Should however give more credit to the overall high quality of the module. :)

Very true, overall this game, it's artwork, GUI, subject matter, historical representation and playability is unrivaled. It is in my humble belief the finest game ever made.

Yeah. I noticed the the interior of the Churchill was not fleshed out as well as some of the other models in the original release.

But to tell you the truth, I think we only have ourselves to blame for that! ... constantly pushing for the release!!

However, I think the overall game is great. I would rather have it released now than have to wait another month while they put the finishing bells and whistles on the vehicles.

But then again, I never painted my models as a kid! ... And my miniatures were always a uniform lead color! ... I would much rather just play. And the physics are correct. That is what really matters ... and it's still rather pretty to look at to boot!

See comparison pics of King Tiger and Tiger, along with some Brit armor here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75956955@N08/6817269018/sizes/l/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75956955@N08/sets/72157629172818316/

I think the main issue with the KT is the tread detail, but yes, I agree it looks unfinished as compared to the other models.

Most of the other models look fantastic. The Achilles and Cromwells really knocked my socks off. They're superb!