CW At first glance.

Oh bu##er..I went and spent some money yesterday now leaving me short for the module for another three weeks!!

Damn you BF!!! Damn you Haribos and Twix and whatever other goodies my Daughter wanted!

If she's healthy then I'm sure she could be changed into some cash pretty quickly...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all loving CW. Things ive noticed is Arty/Mortars are DESTROYING me in the scots campaign! Enemy seems more accurate with EVERY thing(could be that they are SS), My first firefly got wasted before he had a chance to even aim. Churchills are awesome! So far so good :)

I get it all messed up. Norton thinks it's a virus a file called A390 or something like that. When I exclude that file all gets messed up. I can choose troops from CMSF and there is Light gun tactics in QB and mauser k90 when I choose troops. What is this?

Have bf put up wrong version so we update CMBN with a CMSF module so all get messed up?

Pike

I get it all messed up. Norton thinks it's a virus a file called A390 or something like that. When I exclude that file all gets messed up. I can choose troops from CMSF and there is Light gun tactics in QB and mauser k90 when I choose troops. What is this?

Have bf put up wrong version so we update CMBN with a CMSF module so all get messed up?

Pike

Do you have Vin's animated text mod? You probably want to remove that.

If she's healthy then I'm sure she could be changed into some cash pretty quickly...

yeah she is healthy, but I just couldn't bring myself to sell her.

I do have money coming but not into my Bank account, into a stupid Post Office account where you have no debit card facility etc.

So three weeks time until i have money going in my bank Account.

I can wait..also gives time for some mods like interface mods and ramblers weapons etc to come out.

Those who never experienced modules before (ala CMSF) will see how different the game can feel with a new army. The British in CMSF gave a whole new feeling to the gameplay. This is what makes the CMx2 games. Other wargames you wouldn't notice a difference really, just different graphics, with CMx2 it's very noticeable. Which shows how refined the engine is compared to other tactical wargames. The Brit module for CMSF was my first real "I'm in awe of the engine" moments. It's when it dawned on me how detailed and in depth it was.

This will be the moment those who doubted the value of the module and lack of "new features" will realise how game changing modules alone are.

Vanir Ausf B user_offline.gif

icon1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebulon Pleasure Beast II viewpost.gif

So I bought a King Tiger in a QB. First shot fired in the battle is a 6 pounder hitting the shot trap and causing a penetration. No joke. :(

dieseltaylor will be along shortly to express his outrage ;)

Nope, anything can happen. I thought it pretty funny : )

And with so few Porsche turreted Tigers I am sure there is no real data to play with.

For the first battle (not a serious one, just to see how things are going) I took "The Mace" - Polish troops against Germans. I got one Sherman Firefly and some 75mm ones.

After the battle started, some German Panthers G (early) showed up. The smashed my AT guns in one-two shots and assaulted. So I positioned my three 75mm Shermans beside a buidings in a way that they could shoot to the side of the Panthers when they came into their view on the route of their assault.

It worked well and two Panthers came into view and showed their sides at the exact moment of crossing a fence (so slowing down), one Panther first, and a second one after a while.

One of Shermans in good posiotion hit each Panther twice in the side armor (from AP rounds) at a range of about 200m. Angle was almost perpendicular to the side, no more than 10-20deg off. First hit on the Panther was just a "side armor hit", second one was "upper side armor hit, armor spalling", I was more and more surprised. The first Panther disappeared behing trees, but then came second Panther and the Sherman again scored two ineffective hits against it's side (only some spalling). Then the Panther rotated towards me and in seconds killed all the Shermans with single hits.

Acting like a... Terminator tank (after spotting my Sherman, it quickly rotated turret - with maximum possible speed - and then a quick, precise shot just split of second after the turret stopped rotating).

Question is - was I actually firing at side armor of King Tigers (which were mistakenly recognised as Panthers by my troops), or is there some problem with penetration ability of Polish 75mm Shermans (not sure if I need to check the exact type, or is it the gun type that counts), that are unable to penetrate with good angle the side armor of a Panther from 200m or what ?

My pet peeve - the way the ground wobbled under the red/yellow/orange placement indicators as you moved the cursor about - seems fixed. Only tested on first CW scenario, but terrain seems rock solid. Funnily, no change with base game maps so this must have been a map issue rather than a graphics engine issue.

Anyways thx to BFC for fixing this.

Looks great and well woth the wait. Thanks Battlefront. Still no German Falschirmjager who fielded four divisions (2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th FJ divisions during the campaign,

They are going to be modeled in the Market Garden module. Steve and Moon were saying that FJ units are a little more complex (special weapons, special equipment, special tactics etc ....) They were going to need some extra time to get it right.

Therefore, that will most likely be one of the big features on the upcoming Market Garden release! ..... and then .... .it's on to the Bulge after that.

Acting like a... Terminator tank (after spotting my Sherman, it quickly rotated turret - with maximum possible speed - and then a quick, precise shot just split of second after the turret stopped rotating).

If this is something that other folks are seeing perhaps it needs its own thread as an issue to be looked at, but if its just an isolated incident then that's the way it goes I guess.

I know CW is going to be awesome - when I get home from this damn dusiness trip and am able to download it. But it seems we are years away from the East Front. That is what I most interested in. But Market-Garden and Bulge will keep me happily occupied...

If this is something that other folks are seeing perhaps it needs its own thread as an issue to be looked at, but if its just an isolated incident then that's the way it goes I guess.

I'll try to recreate it and make a saved turn.

If it happens again and I catch it, I'll make a separate thread.

Now I HOPE it can be explained somehow...

They are going to be modeled in the Market Garden module. Steve and Moon were saying that FJ units are a little more complex (special weapons, special equipment, special tactics etc ....) They were going to need some extra time to get it right.

Therefore, that will most likely be one of the big features on the upcoming Market Garden release! ..... and then .... .it's on to the Bulge after that.

I´d really like to see that explained in detail. In 1944/45 the majority german paras were little more than Wehrmacht grunts in different uniforms. Oftentimes not even that. Special weapons, special equipment, special tactics...What?? :confused:

I´d really like to see that explained in detail. In 1944/45 the majority german paras were little more than Wehrmacht grunts in different uniforms. Oftentimes not even that. Special weapons, special equipment, special tactics...What?? :confused:

Although the German Paratroop units never made a significant drop after Crete, they were indeed more than just "Wehrmacht grunts in different uniforms"

From a website on Normandy; Among other elite German outfits in Normandy, there were paratroopers. They were a different proposition altogether from the Polish or Russian troops. The 3rd Fallschirmjäger Division came into the battle in Normandy on June 10, arriving by truck after night drives from Brittany. It was a full-strength division, 15,976 men in its ranks, mostly young German volunteers. It was new to combat but it had been organized and trained by a veteran paratroop battalion from the Italian campaign. Training had been rigorous and emphasized initiative and improvisation. The equipment was outstanding.

Indeed, the Fallschirmjäger were perhaps the best-armed infantrymen in the world in 1944. The 3rd FJ had 930 light machine guns, eleven times as many as its chief opponent, the U.S. 29th Division. Rifle companies in the FJ had twenty MG 42s and 43 submachine guns; rifle companies in the 29th had two machine guns and nine BARs. At the squad level, the GIs had a single BAR; the German parachute squad had two MG 42s and three submachine guns. The Germans had three times as many mortars as the Americans, and heavier ones. So in any encounter between equal numbers of Americans and Fallschirmjäger, the Germans had from six to twenty times as much firepower.

http://www.worldwar2history.info/Normandy/German-soldiers.html