CW At first glance.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just amazed when technology works first time as advertised.

And I was amazed at the 5 minute d/l!

Thanks BF!

Now I have to put my Z folder back and see if the mods I was using with the base game are compatible. If anyone figures out which are not, puhleeze let us all know.

I'm just amazed when technology works first time as advertised. Thanks BF!

Now I have to put my Z folder back and see if the mods I was using with the base game are compatible. If anyone figures out which are not, puhleeze let us all know.

I am just going to throw the full lot back in and see what happens...like an explosive satchel

Yeah ... please post a screen-shot or two for all of us who didn't want to opt for the pre-order for any one of the following reasons:

- skirting VAT taxes

- extra shipping charges

- don't like "stuff" ... prefer digital only

- Thought we would save BF some $$ by not getting the physical disc and S&H charges

Yep ... it is now *up to* 34 long, long, long hours and counting. :)

Well, only problem re my personal Z mod folder is that the UI shows some CMSF names for weapons. So, I must have some cross contamination somehow in my Z. Not a game issue.

But, all the other mods I have seem to work great. Of course the weapons silhouettes for the CW are the old green outlines, since they have yet to be modded. But, the uniforms and Bren carriers etc look pretty good - not as factory clean etc as the unmodded base game full of over-washed yanks. I recall in my UK days that bathing more than once a week was a luxury.

FYI: CW comes with one CW and one German Campaign (8 Falaise missions) and 25 scenarios.

:)

I forgot to remove and park my Z folder before installing the CW module (too excited!)

But the game looks and seems to play just fine with all my mods so far. (I didn't have any of the mods that changed icons, silhouettes, GUI or text -- mine are all uniforms, vehicles, terrain, faces, tracers, etc.)

Started up the new German campaign, looks extremely well put together. I really love that you have a small core force that slowly grows, instead of switching between various companies in a battalion, which never seems as personal.

Unfortunately, I got the bug where the units all have random names of items and things from every CMx2 game. This seems to always happen to me with every new game and module from CMSF to CMA. Is there any fix for this besides reinstalling the whole thing? I don't have the disc for CMBN with me either so will have to download it...grumble grumble...

Of course the weapons silhouettes for the CW are the old green outlines, since they have yet to be modded.

Please Mr. Marko Bergmann, your weapons range mod its very useful...

Anyone know where the location is of the full list of improvements and changes? I have found the brief outline.

+1

/sip cup of tea/

Yeah ... please post a screen-shot or two for all of us who didn't want to opt for the pre-order for any one of the following reasons:

- skirting VAT taxes

- extra shipping charges

- don't like "stuff" ... prefer digital only

- Thought we would save BF some $$ by not getting the physical disc and S&H charges

Yep ... it is now *up to* 34 long, long, long hours and counting. :)

I bet next time that 36 hours is gonna weigh in a lot heavier on the "should I pre order" balancing scale.

For some reason my "Vin's Animated Text (heavy) CMBN" was giving some CMSF names to the WW2 units. Weird. All the other mods I originally had seem to be working fine. :)

That's because it modifies scripts.txt, which has been updated in v1.10. Anything that modifies scripts.txt will have to be updated for the latest version.

I'd forgot to remove my mods which are many (Z folder) but have not had any issues. The grass mods stay intact and part of juju's UI mod still show up in German units.

YES, Norton went nuts over this install. I disabled it for an hour, all good now.

The Churchill 95mm "Close Support" tank is quite that! :D