Qs from Gamersnet Screenshots

Okay, I want the editor !!! Sorry, I will probably 'goober out' on the editor recreating battles/operations as much as playing.

I know we can choose weather conditions when designing with the editor... But are we allowed to differentiate between "ground conditions" and actual weather activity ??

What I mean is-- are ground conditions and atmospheric conditions TWO seperate settings? Could you set ground conditions to "frozen" or "dry" while setting atmospherics as "heavy snow" ?? One effecting actual movement and the other effecting visibility. Maddmatt's new screenshots show clear ground but snow falling... Accumulations are not within the scope of CM I imagine, but are the two "settings" seperate??

Also, if weather activity is "snow, rain, overcast, etc" can airstrikes for fighter/bombers even occur? i.e. Why bother "purchasing" air support if it is raining throughout an operation...

Thanks Stoner

Yep, weather and ground conditions are two seperate entries. It comes even better: the ground conditions change according to the weather, so when it rains, you'll see the ground slowly turn into mud.

For scenarios, the weather is fixed, i.e. the scenario designer decides what it's going to be. For operations, the designer chooses a weather pattern (good, varied, bad) d a starting ground condition, and the actual weather is determined randomly.

I'm not 100% about air support, but I had a few games where I expected to get air cover but it never appeared. It was raining, so this indicates that weather does have an effect. I'd have to doublecheck with Steve or Charles though...

There are times when Moon, Fionn or BTS respond to questions with tidbits about features that actually send chills down my spine.

And, there have been many times since October when I've cursed my wait for this game. There are days when I read forum posts for hours just to get my CM fix. But today it dawned on me. We are smack dab in the middle of some pretty intense foreplay here smile.gif

And I dig it!

We have ways of making you talk.

WOMAN, you will play the CM until we get what we came for !

no no, I cant, and no more charts of statistical information either, I, I, I just cant take it anymore (sob sob)

I think you will appreciate this little ditty I got the mail today (snickering) here, let me play it for you it's titled "german army marches from WWII" some truly delightful music.

God, just make it stop.

No more mouth, it's back to CM for you muahahahahaha

is this what you were thinking?