Good engeneer tip

Found this one out to keep your engineers from running through openings created when blasting. At the start of the turn give the engineer unit a 45sec pause along with the blast command. The engineer will wait 45sec before staring the blasting procedure. By the time the turn ends the engineers will have blown the hole and will just be getting started to move through the breech. At the beginning of the next turn order the engineers to stop and give either a slow, or fast move back away away from the opening.

This is why this game keeps my interest. As much as you play you always discover new thing.

Or you can just start the blast command one action spot away from the wall/bocage to be breached, and blast TO, rather than THROUGH the obstacle. Then plot another movement order away from the hole -- usually off to one side. Works like a charm. They blast the hole, run up to the edge of it (but not through it), and then move away.

Or you can just start the blast command one action spot away from the wall/bocage to be breached, and blast TO, rather than THROUGH the obstacle. Then plot another movement order away from the hole -- usually off to one side. Works like a charm. They blast the hole, run up to the edge of it (but not through it), and then move away.

I always thought that the blast point had to be placed on the other side of what you wanted to blast through, so thanks Yankee. That is new to me too. I just did some testing on the demolition range and this was what I found to be the most optimal cover for the engineers. Do as you said by placing the last blast waypoint in front of where you want to make the hole, but make the line at an angle, and still give the 45 sec delay. This kept the infantry way behind the hedge while blowing the hole where the last waypoint placed. The thing is the 45 sec is needed to time it right to keep them from running to the last waypoint which is the opening. Also the 45 sec seems to be the right timing for an engineer team. I tried a 45 sec with a green squad and they did not blow the hole in under 15 sec which meant they would be blowing the hole at the begining of the turn ruining the timing.

This is going to be my S.O.P. from now on when blasting.

I always thought that the blast point had to be placed on the other side of what you wanted to blast through, so thanks Yankee. That is new to me too. I just did some testing on the demolition range and this was what I found to be the most optimal cover for the engineers. Do as you said by placing the last blast waypoint in front of where you want to make the hole, but make the line at an angle, and still give the 45 sec delay. This kept the infantry way behind the hedge while blowing the hole where the last waypoint placed. The thing is the 45 sec is needed to time it right to keep them from running to the last waypoint which is the opening. Also the 45 sec seems to be the right timing for an engineer team. I tried a 45 sec with a green squad and they did not blow the hole in under 15 sec which meant they would be blowing the hole at the begining of the turn ruining the timing.

This is going to be my S.O.P. from now on when blasting.

Just place the blast point along your side of the bocage and they never run through :)

i agree with Para, when i want to blast wall or bocage, i quick move to where i want to blast, give a blast comand to troops but not through wall or bocage but perpendicular to it, on the same side, the troops will then blast a hole and not go through it.

Perpendicular, what a good great word ;)

Soon after CMBN came out someone(I forgot who) did some bocage blast testing. One of the interesting things that he found out is that when blasting parallel to the bocage you had a much greater change of creating a BIG breach instead of a little one.

Soon after CMBN came out someone(I forgot who) did some bocage blast testing. One of the interesting things that he found out is that when blasting parallel to the bocage you had a much greater change of creating a BIG breach instead of a little one.

Not every time, but yes I have noticed that. In fact it is big enough to get tanks through, which for one satchel is nice. I did mention this on another thread for someone else who was asking the same thing.