CMBN vietnam??mod possible?

This is why I wish Battlefront could earn enough revenue to pull together another team of guys or expand. There are a lot of battlefields that I think they could cover with the franchise if they had the opportunity. I'd love to see a CM Korea, or more theatres for CMBN like Italy, Pacific theatre, early war, Afrika, etc.

Another reason why I wish they could open their games up for modders just a bit so they could expand the game in another direction. It seems like there are a lot of talented modders out there who could use this to add more. If validity is an issue, then just don't sponsor the mods on the website.

CM: Afghanistan was made by a independent team in Russia. So if a development team were to approach them about it there is a precedent. But they do not appear to be willing to release development tools to the general public, beyond the scenario editor of course.

I could see why they would be unwilling to release their tools. Almost like a seal of approval by BF.

Some games people play today originated from nothing more than a quick mod for a game. I'd be curious to see what the community would do with those tools though.

I was thinking about that the other day....would it be possible...smaller squad maybe..would b lotsa fun lol..the engine is great for close vietcong fighting and all..

Your toughts?....

It's my war gaming dream...but not as a mod. A full game.

Mord.

I rather suspect if some enterprising (and reputable) 3rd party game house wanted to go the route of CM:Afghanistan and produce a 'CM:Vietnam' title they wouldn't have to twist BFC's arm very hard. :) People don't seem to realize a good percentage of CM's product these days is already delegated to associate entities. While Charles was laboring like a demon over the CM:BN basegame they still managed to field both CM:Afghanistan and the CMSF NATO module.

People don't seem to realize a good percentage of CM's product these days is already delegated to associate entities. While Charles was laboring like a demon over the CM:BN basegame they still managed to field both CM:Afghanistan and the CMSF NATO module.

I believe we can expect a significant uptick in Charles' production now that he's retired from the Bench:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Charles-E-Moylan-Jr-Retired-Specially-Assigned/275801249068

;)