Change log

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think my post in this thread was overheard...

again... whats going on with the subsystem damage ?

no changes at all ?

i`ve send a compilation of all tests and sources in the "hitpointsystem on subsystem damage" thread to phil and he answered that you guys are looking into it !?

no changes at all ?

i`ve send a compilation of all tests and sources in the "hitpointsystem on subsystem damage" thread to phil and he answered that you guys are looking into it !?

Siffo998 I think it might be dealt with by a later patch? Steve seemed to indicate there might be another one at some stage.

As with the other issues raised I guess it all takes time and that needs to be found in addition to bringing out the next modules to keep them living in the lifestyle they have become accustomed to. ;)

no changes at all ?

Some concrete issues were identified and resolved. So yes, some changes were made. "Subsystems are too fragile" is a pretty incredibly broad thing to look into - as / if we find further concrete issues we'll keep resolving them.

Steve (Sitting back with a big ole stogie in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other): So Charles, should we add the armor covered arc this year or do we just keep these losers hanging?

Charles (well at least his brain as it sits quitely digesting nutrients in it's jar): gurgle...

Steve: yeah I hate wargamers too. The whole lot of em really need to go find another hobby, just doing our part here to help by driving em nuts enough over these issues to eventually sit up and go outside for a walk.

Charles: gurgle

Steve: What's that, it is only one line of code? Huh same as the hand to hand stuff eh? Well no I still think we can't release that. After all, they would just complain about something else and they really need to get some outside time.

Charles: gurgle gurgle

Steve (pitching near out of his chair in hysterical laughter, eventually sitting back up and drying his eyes): A change log? But we haven't changed anything! Heck I can't even keep straight what I am posting for the fake beta tester avatars I created.

Steve: Oh that is cruel, funny but cruel. That'll keep the forum busy for at least a few days as they vent their spleens. God forbid they ever find out we already have everything created we are gonna release for the next 10 years.

Steve (looking at jar as he holds his nose): You really need to cut back on the refried beans. (Steve absently gazes out the window for a few minutes) You do have to admit it has been good for us. (this last said as Steve looks out the giant bay window of the mansion on their private island in the Caribbean as the nude vollyball tournament continues.) Little do the nerds realize BFC stands for Built for Cash.

Charles: gurgle *snicker* gurgle

Steve: Oh yeah are you gonna visit my farm today?

Steve: Farmville is NOT like that lame a**game we put out for these nerds!

Steve: You unfriended me?!!

Some concrete issues were identified and resolved. So yes, some changes were made. "Subsystems are too fragile" is a pretty incredibly broad thing to look into - as / if we find further concrete issues we'll keep resolving them.

big thanks phil and nice to hear that there were changes made !

now iam pretty excited to see the release !

Compare this to Cliffs of Dover where after a year there is too much broken for me to even bother with it. Now that is annoying for me after spending over £3000 just so that I could play it.

As Baneman said, you should give www.riseofflight.com a try. You could do a ton of flying with the "demo," which is the full sim with a few starter planes. In my view, it is a true spiritual successor to Red Baron. It is such a good sim that i, admittedly not a flight-sim expert, still kinf of suck at it after more time than I'd care to admit. :P

I would point out that the day is not over, but given the penchant of many members to grasp desperately at straws, I guess I better not.

Michael

CMBN was released sometime around 5:00-6:00 pm, Central Time in the US, IRRC, because it happened while I was on my way home after work. Matter of fact, I didn't bother to even check until just before bedtime, since I had figured they wouldn't release it in the evening. Makes no difference to me, though, since I am still without home IT service for the time being.

CMBN was released sometime around 5:00-6:00 pm, Central Time in the US, IRRC, because it happened while I was on my way home after work. Matter of fact, I didn't bother to even check until just before bedtime, since I had figured they wouldn't release it in the evening. Makes no difference to me, though, since I am still without home IT service for the time being.

So what time would that be in the place where time began mjkerner? ;)

Word back on the PBEM thing is, in short, that we aren't sure it's completely fixed because we were never able to reproduce it. However, since we moved to a new compiler the problem appears to have gone away, which hints at some sort of issue with the old compiler. We're hopeful that's the end of that one.

Steve

Yeah, those bugs are the worst kind. I am happy to hear that this is likely behind us. All the wishing that this worked different or that feature got added pale in comparison to spending time working out some new orders for your guys and having the game forget about them.

So, thumbs up. I look forward to pressing the big red button without a care in the world:)

Happened to me yesterday ( for the first time actually ) - in a pbem game of Huzzar!,

Yeah, I saw it sever times in my recent game of Huzzar! But also in much smaller scenarios too.

Possibly a RAM issue, since Huzzar! is the largest scenario I've played to date and running XP so only 3Gig available.

But again, I'm upgrading to W7 in the next day or so, so unlikely to be repeated.

Don't bet on it:) I am running Vista with 4G and see it.

What I have found that works is always restart the game after you play a turn. By that I mean if you are playing turns for your 5 PBEM games shut down the game between each one. That seemed to reduce the occurrence. Some one else reported that positioning the camera low and such that very few unit icons were in view and waiting 5s before pressing the big red button and then waiting another 5s before pressing the OK button. I have been doing that - not sure if it helps but I have been doing it.

The most important thing that has been helping me deal with this is I always save the game before pressing the big red button. When the save dialog comes up I add _save at the end. Then when I press the big red button my turn has _save 001 at the end. I then backspace away all that and press OK. That does not stop the problem of the game forgetting your turn but it means that the cost is only a restart and reload.

Hope that helps your remaining time with 1.01 be less stressful.

Thanks for the change-log. Mortar dispersion should be nice, added RAM will be REALLY nice, and the shooting too low will help a lot too. (Actually, a couple of pixle-Germans owe you their 1's and 0's due to this bug in the last H2H game I was playing)

... And to tell you the truth, I think we could see the mortars become MORE deadly with a higher dispersion. There have been many times where a 60mm mortar takes out a soft target in the first couple of shots ... but the rounds just keep plopping down in the same exact action-square .... the guys in the action squares in the immediate vicinity come through the thing unscathed ..... Looking forward to seeing how this can be used starting in 1.10.

Can't waid to play the CW module!

Are we there yet?? (F5) .... Are we there yet?? (F5) .... Are we there yet?? etc ....

Steve (Sitting back with a big ole stogie in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other): So Charles, should we add the armor covered arc this year or do we just keep these losers hanging?

Charles (well at least his brain as it sits quitely digesting nutrients in it's jar): gurgle...

Steve: yeah I hate wargamers too. The whole lot of em really need to go find another hobby, just doing our part here to help by driving em nuts enough over these issues to eventually sit up and go outside for a walk.

Steve: What's that, it is only one line of code? Huh same as the hand to hand stuff eh? Well no I still think we can't release that. After all, they would just complain about something else and they really need to get some outside time.

Charles: gurgle gurgle

Steve (pitching near out of his chair in hysterical laughter, eventually sitting back up and drying his eyes): A change log? But we haven't changed anything! Heck I can't even keep straight what I am posting for the fake beta tester avatars I created.

Steve: Oh that is cruel, funny but cruel. That'll keep the forum busy for at least a few days as they vent their spleens. God forbid they ever find out we already have everything created we are gonna release for the next 10 years.

Steve (looking at jar as he holds his nose): You really need to cut back on the refried beans. (Steve absently gazes out the window for a few minutes) You do have to admit it has been good for us. (this last said as Steve looks out the giant bay window of the mansion on their private island in the Caribbean as the nude vollyball tournament continues.) Little do the nerds realize BFC stands for Built for Cash.

Charles: gurgle *snicker* gurgle

Steve: Oh yeah are you gonna visit my farm today?

Steve: Farmville is NOT like that lame a**game we put out for these nerds!

Steve: You unfriended me?!!

That is a classic :D

As Baneman said, you should give www.riseofflight.com a try. You could do a ton of flying with the "demo," which is the full sim with a few starter planes. In my view, it is a true spiritual successor to Red Baron. It is such a good sim that i, admittedly not a flight-sim expert, still kinf of suck at it after more time than I'd care to admit. :P

WW1 does nothing for me unfortunately. Many of our friends play it but I'm a WW2 junkie. I'm not even bothered any more I really get a good kick out of CM and one day maybe if CLOD gets sorted out I'll start flying again.

Even if CLOD becomes the best sim in the world I must say that Combat missions is, for me, the best game ever invented. I remember how awestruck I was over the realism in CMBB. I am someone who gravitates towards flight sims because I had a pilots licence and zero understanding of infantry tactics but the more I've played combat missions the more interesting I found it and what never fails to surprise me is how complicated infantry tactics are.

When I first started playing I send my troops to their death or victor with little regard (or understanding) for the terrain...I still do to some extend but more and more I find myself getting right down to ground level trying to work out if I am in defilade or not. Slowly but surely I find myself understanding more about the quandaries of the infantry man.

The list is not comprehensive, as I know of several minor bug fixes not included there. AFAIK, the bunker issue has been resolved.

Very cool AKD, just confirmed no issues exiting bunkers using the same tests I ran previously. Only odd item is the sound mod... I had 15 teams all exiting and once and all I could hear is "About time! DO NOT GO IN THERE!". Seems not exiting also precluded going to the latrines...