Change log

I was expecting more but some of it sounds rather good.

Hope the nerf to mortar accuracy is colossal, not a mere tweak. Pity no other weapons are mentioned. Still too much robotic accuracy, especially from troops who themselves are fired upon.

But no, far from impressed given that this is what we get when BFC are too busy to implement Cover Armour Arcs, fire or the many, many things still sorely missing.

It's a patch / module. Features like new commands, or fire, would be in a new base game. So regardless of what we were busy doing, you wouldn't see stuff like that until the next base game.

And some of the things in that list were incredibly involved, to put it mildly.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be too late to mention a bug where two men of every german pioneer squad carry no field equipment and are dressed as assault gun crewmen?

Yes? Too late? I thought so. I imagined someone had noticed this before.

Too late because it has already been fixed. :)

Would it be too late to mention a bug where two men of every german pioneer squad carry no field equipment and are dressed as assault gun crewmen?

Yes? Too late? I thought so. I imagined someone had noticed this before.

The list is not exhaustive, and tiny tweaks like that are definitely things where it's likely that - if it was done - we might not think it's important enough to put it on the list.

That said I don't see that problem when I fire up 1.10.

The list is not exhaustive, and tiny tweaks like that are definitely things where it's likely that - if it was done - we might not think it's important enough to put it on the list.

That said I don't see that problem when I fire up 1.10.

The one major problem I have at the moment that is not on the list Phil, is that I am not firing up 1.10 yet! when is this going to get fixed ;)

Thanks for posting the list, it is nice to see progress on the OOM issue :)

Thanks for your very helpful initial report!

The one major problem I have at the moment that is not on the list Phil, is that I am not firing up 1.10 yet! when is this going to get fixed ;)

I couldn't possibly comment. ;)

* Allowed for the use of up to 4GB of RAM, dependent on the user's operating system and settings.

* Soldiers make better use of demo charges against vehicles at close range.

* When vehicles bog down, it's now more likely to be temporary.

* Corrected a problem where gunners would sometimes aim too low and repeatedly hit intervening ground short of the target.

* Corrected a problem where frame rate could affect the cover offered by buildings.

My faves.

Double the RAM useage should be sweet.

What was the problem with frame rate & building cover?

It's a patch / module. Features like new commands, or fire, would be in a new base game. So regardless of what we were busy doing, you wouldn't see stuff like that until the next base game.

Does not take anything away from them being notable omissions. Omissions of BFCs choosing. As is the decision not to add features down the line as a sweetener.

The once purported advantages of the modular system have all evaporated. Take care your customers base doesn't do the same.

I couldn't possibly comment. ;)

Thought not :( anyway lots of good changes, especially the upgrade of ram usage. Glad to hear that lots more tweaks have been done.

Think it might have been better for you to have stickied a full exhaustive list to start with though. It would have headed off the inevitable mass of questions about what has or has not been tweaked.

How about the weird animation of of gunners not facing the same direction as the barrel.

This is my pet peeve...when give a target command -90 degrees, the gun swings but the gunner dosent. It really impacts the immersion. This bug was reported months ago.

Hope this was fixed.

Looks like an excellent list, and like others I'm overjoyed at the 4GB RAM support and help with the previous OOM issues.

But I, too, really want to know whether that bunker bug (units getting stuck inside) is fixed or not -- it's a biggie and makes bunkers next to useless, even though we know the Germans especially made heavy use of them in Normandy. That also compounds the Germans' vulnerability to HE and mortars, if they can't make proper use of bunkers. And of course it makes any usable D-Day, Dieppe or other coastal maps that much harder to simulate in CMBN.

Thought not :( anyway lots of good changes, especially the upgrade of ram usage. Glad to hear that lots more tweaks have been done.

Think it might have been better for you to have stickied a full exhaustive list to start with though. It would have headed off the inevitable mass of questions about what has or has not been tweaked.

An exhaustive list a) would have been too long to be useful, B) would have needed to be translated from our internal development list into something that would make sense to you guys, and thus c) would have been a hell of a lot of work for something too long to be useful. I'll take a few questions over having to reconcile two massive lists of bugs which are often only tangentially related.

An exhaustive list a) would have been too long to be useful, B) would have needed to be translated from our internal development list into something that would make sense to you guys, and thus c) would have been a hell of a lot of work for something too long to be useful. I'll take a few questions over having to reconcile two massive lists of bugs which are often only tangentially related.

Fair enough..last question, should I go to bed??

Does not take anything away from them being notable omissions. Omissions of BFCs choosing.

Elmar, you've been around long enough to know that if each individual person's pet peeve and wish list were put front and center you'd never, ever see a release of any sort. Ever. So yeah, obviously we choose what to include and not include so we can release a game every once in a lifetime. Or should we never release a game until everybody has exactly what they want in it?

As is the decision not to add features down the line as a sweetener.

So let me get this straight... we should bust our humps to put in new features, and put out less content at a slower pace, so people will have an incentive to download their free patches... what? Quicker? With a bigger smile on their faces? What, exactly?

The once purported advantages of the modular system have all evaporated.

If you thought releasing new features for free was part of the module systems design, that might be true. But where on Earth did you come up with that notion? We've been clear since the very beginning of this strategy... Modules are for content and content only. Any improvements (and there are plenty of improvements with v1.10) are FREE for everybody, Module customers or not.

Take care your customers base doesn't do the same.

We hear this every time we release something that someone isn't 110% pleased about. When exactly should we be concerned about it?

Steve

I guess a better question here would be: Are there any significant bugs that you guys wanted to fix but couldn't get into this patch?

The short answer is "yes". In fact, it is always "yes". There's stuff from CMBO that I can still remember that could have used improvement. Unfortunately the amount of rough edges is directly proportional to the complexity of the game.

We are forced into a position of either scaling back on the features, which in turn reduces the rough edges, or pushing forward and dealing with the rough edges as much as we can when we can.

Remember, Version 1.10 is not the last fix you'll see for CM:BN. You get to enjoy these improvements now while we work on more. When we have enough accumulated to warrant the effort of a patch (which is a BIG time consuming process) we'll release it.

Steve

Would the Seal Team tank/vehicle crews possibly be one of the minor changes/fixes/tweaks that did not make the list?

No magical fix for this issue. The underlying causes are pretty extensive and will be very time consuming to address in a meaningful way. Good news is that it's at the top of a reasonable short list of near term priorities. Better still, the planned work will do a lot more than stop banzai charging tank crews.

Steve