Manual is up!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, 5 different flavors of Churchill and 4 different Cromwells. :)

I'm a bit surprised the Mark III didn't make it as they made up half the total number of Churchills that saw service. Also their welded turrets were up armoured to 12cm on the front and 9cm on the sides which makes them quite a bit more resistant than the Mark IV.

Regardless am pretty stoked to use them.

Hmm, no info on any new or changed features to the game. Not looking good for the inclusion of the armored arc command.

I think it has been stated several times that the UI is not going to be changed and therefore no armored arc. Prolly wont be until Bulge if even there. I have managed to play very well without it so far and even it would be a good improvement, it's no biggie if it's not here

Well, I will look at this with the glass half full attitude for once. It just dawned on me that we have not been able to use a KingTiger vs a western Allied tank since back in the CMBO days. So that will be one good thing about the new mod.

First test will be how the Firefly does against the King to see if it will have any bite from the front.

Hmm, no info on any new or changed features to the game. Not looking good for the inclusion of the armored arc command.

Yeah, I think there was a post that expressly stated it would not be included in any modules but would have to wait until the release of a new game, e.g. "bulge" title.

Did the 4.2 inch mortar really have a faster intensive rate of fire than the 3 inch mortar? I always thought the rapid rate for the 3 inch was 12 rpm with 6 bombs in flight. Also think the 25 pounder rpm is too low, seems as though it can only fire at the rapid rate, not the 8rpm intensive rate, a difference of 24 shells, per battery, per minute.

I dont think a cover armor would be so hard to code...

The coding would probably be the easy thing, the hard part is adding another command to the UI. They've pretty much used up all the convenient quick key commands. They'd have to reformat the UI buttons, do up new art, expand the base manual. Then all the beta testing and adjusting til it actually works. In other words, its a snowball effect. I believe (I may be wrong) that they haven't added a new UI command since 'fire smoke' for the main gun back in CMSF Brit module. :)