Buddy Aid - getting ammo

Hmm something is wrong if your reserves need ammo right away.... They were supposed to be reserves, what did they do with their own ammo?

What I meant was after using their own ammo, they will need more.

If you use area fire a lot and manually target units at long range, ammo tends to get scarce, even in smaller scale scenarios.

A man walks into the doctor’s office, moving his arm up and down. He says, “Doctor, it hurts when I do this.” The doctor replies, “Well, stop doing that.”

The man takes notice to the doctor's orders and stops moving his arm, then promptly dies from a hidden ailment.

Somehow, this tactic works for me, even though long range fire has little effect, but it does have some effect - as does area fire. I don't want the game to stop me from going about the battle the way I intend, if it comes to what should be a simple thing - to get ammo from fallen soldiers.

Rocketman is correct. Anything else is just lazy game-defending rubish.

In reality you can pick up your fallen comrades ammo. Probably 80% of it. Hell I would settle for 60%. Even if they are from a different company. There is no reason it shouldnt be that way in the game.

To be fair - whether or not people use up their ammo to quickly in a battle is moot. You should be able to scrounge up what the dead or wounded have - whats the point otherwise?

This realllly becomes noticeable also in campaigns when your men arent resupplied. Then you have an issue, and every man who drops has important bullets...

Rocketman is correct. Anything else is just lazy game-defending rubish.

In reality you can pick up your fallen comrades ammo. Probably 80% of it. Hell I would settle for 60%. Even if they are from a different company. There is no reason it shouldnt be that way in the game.

In reality I think I wouldn't have my men blazing away at something they couldn't likely hit so they wouldn't have to spend time running around helter skelter all over the battlefield ostensibly offering their buddies first aid only to be really interested in their ammo. Call it game defending rubbish if you will, but I call it sounder tactical behavior. To each his own.

As far as BFCs implementation, they can correct me if I am wrong, but it's primary purpose in the game seems to have been to allow ammo teams to play their intended role with the heavy support weapons, not an overall mechanism to have anyone share ammo with anyone else- for better or worse.

Sburke,

It's not about if we blaze away high ammo usage at all. The POINT is that it is a simple fact you can do it in real life (pull ammo up off the wounded) and it was done alot so we should be able to do it in the game.

Understood...and I don't think that is just lazy game slamming rubbish. :D Just offering an alternative (and perhaps unnecessary, but I am bored and have been away from my CM PC for over two weeks now!!!!) perspective.

German crews are pussies though :

During the whole action, which lasted some 2 hours, Capt. Kidd displayed time and time again determination of purpose to carry out his duty with a complete disregard for his personal safety and gaining the admiration of the whole Sqn and inspiring them to greater effort.

During this time one Panther was knocked out. Dismounting Capt. Kidd ran forward to capture the crew who baled out fully armed. He did this act single-handed, armed only with his pistol.

On arrival back with the Sqn, as the enemy approached, Capt. Kidd reported verbally information to the Squadron Commander, and then worked forward alone and on foot at great personal danger, as by now the area of the tanks was being very heavily mortared and machine-gunned by the enemy, quite apart from a number of snipers endeavouring to pick off the Tank Comds, encouraging the infantry to hang on and have confidence in their tanks' support.