C2 thing to be aware of

Ok, let's make this clearer, or at least with a distinction:

Seeing a unit fire on invisible soldiers?--all the time.

But that is if I do not have the unit, which is out of C2, specifically picked. Units come in and out of spotting as I choose different units--using a high difficulty.

Seeing a unit firing at invisible soldiers when I have that said unit specifically chosen?--not so sure I have seen that, or not much (perhaps there could be a delay)

I just tied to replicate this in a test environment. I put 3 US squads isolated from HQ units and each other so all 3 were out of C2 (battalion, company and platoon HQ units were on the map, however). I split the squads so I could get them to line up at the edge of the map. The squads are all regular/normal/+0 leadership. I then placed 3 German infantry squads hidden behind a wall about 150-160m away. As the turn begins the German squads run out behind the wall using a Fast command and run perpendicular to the US squads. This was run on 3 lanes separated by high walls so each German squad could only be seen by 1 US squad. I selected each US team during playback and noted when they began reacting to the German squads. The test was done on Iron difficulty.

In every case the US teams did not react to the Germans until they were spotted and visible on the screen. Even in cases where a team had suspected contact icons while the team next to them had a solid contact and was already firing the teams would not react prior to the Germans squad appearing on the screen, and by not reacting I mean they wouldn't even start rotating towards them.

I only ran the test 5 times because it seems to me I was wasting my time. Either there was something wrong with my test or this shooting at invisible (to the player) units phenomenon is contingent on some factor other than being out of C2.

Rankorian: it's useful to be clear. This is about difficulty levels below Elite, where you expect to see all the enemy info if you have no unit selected.

I've always expected selecting a unit to cause _less_ information to be available, not more (since with the unit selected you should see only what it knows about).

However, I'd be happy if someone said "select the unit to see what it is firing at".

What I'm hearing is "your unit may be firing and something, and no matter what you do, the game will not show it to you yet".

GaJ

I tend to play large battalion + sized battles, so I do not pay real close attention to every individual squad. However, I don't think I would have missed a tank opening fire on an invisible enemy tank. I track practically every shot my armored vehicles take.

No, I'm talking about with infantry. Tanks are rarely out of C2 since they all have radios.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1337408&postcount=35

It's definitely in there, in some form.

I'm totally fine with it, but wouldn't mind a more thorough explanation of how it works, how long the delay is, etc.

I don't know what moon is playing at there, but there has never been such a feature in the game. Only when another unit is selected will spotted enemies not be shown. It's hard enough getting the right info without bfc injecting misinformation into the mix.