Re-Install later on and Activation question

Ok so I bought the game and have the cd key and all that. (got the downloadable version). What happens 3 years from now when I want to put it on a new computer and play it... will I have to be able to connect to Battlefront... what if they are out of business. Then we can't play the game anymore. I have games I play now I own the cd and the company has gone out of business but I can still play their games cause I own them... but what about this game .. it is only playable as long as battlefront stays in business. What if they loose there data base of all our info ???

Activation of the game DOES require contacting the license server. This is true whether you have the download or the physical DVD of the product. I believe the license server is maintained by the company that develops the copy-protection software/DRM, though we are responsible for managing our license keys.

If Battlefront were to go out of business, I believe we would release a DRM-free executable; assuming that 'going out of business' can be orderly. If that is the case, then a copy-protection free version of the game shouldn't be too big of an issue to generate (since we would not be too worried about protecting the game for revenue purposes). This course of action has been suggested as a possibility in the past when this question has come up ('going out of business'). Things may not always proceed in this orderly, customer-friendly manner, but under most circumstances this is what I believe would happen (outside of something really catastrophic).

It's funny how people keep asking us this same question yet often seem perfectly happy to have all their games saved on cloud server services that require you to go online all the time to play :) Compared to that system, with our store you actually OWN the product, and activated games can never be deactivated, and you can reinstall as often as you wish and so forth.