New file at the Repository: Saving Private Ryan (2012-02-17)

Is there a way to play just Ramelle?

I also uploaded the campaign missions as a Saving Private Ryan scenario pack, i thought it would be in the repository by now, but it's the weekend so maybe on monday, but if you really want to play it now, just pm me and i can send you the ramelle file.

*EDIT*

I just found out with thanks to Phantom Captain, that the scenario pack got posted in the wrong section, think i accidentally selected the wrong section or something went wrong on the repository side.

link to the scenario download:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1746

The beach landing is a blast, albeit a scary one so far. Great work!

Question: can you scale the bluff at any other point than the gap where you're supposed to blast the wire?

Minor comment: the brief should have info on the reinforcements.

It should be scary! ;) As seen in the movie and as it was in real life.

What do you mean with 'scale the bluff'? There was only one exit shown in the movie, this also prevents you to overwhelm the enemy completely and makes the map bit longer to fight on.

And the reinforcements? I thought that was a bit self explanatory seeing this was a huge landing and reinforcements were being dropped constantly to secure a foothold on the beach. And once again, the scenario's from this campaign are available from the Repository in a SPR scenario pack! It only got posted in the wrong section and it's location is still not updated i see:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1746

I've now finished the beach landing and what a terrifying experience, but a highly recommended one. It replicates the terror of the movie, men dying everywhere while you try to get off the beach. Well done! And a beautiful map too. My only concern might be the time limit (2h) - I got a total victory in 45 min. Maybe I was lucky. Or good :rolleyes:. Or both...

Now for a more quiet second scenario, or so it seems....

I've now finished the beach landing and what a terrifying experience, but a highly recommended one. It replicates the terror of the movie, men dying everywhere while you try to get off the beach. Well done! And a beautiful map too. My only concern might be the time limit (2h) - I got a total victory in 45 min. Maybe I was lucky. Or good :rolleyes:. Or both...

Now for a more quiet second scenario, or so it seems....

The time limit, i know, when testing the map, than i finished it in 1:30, and than a hour, or even 2 hours, it's all in how much men survive the first waves and how many German defenders get taken out, it's different every round.

• 4 months later...

In the middle of the first mission now - great stuff!

Tip for the players: split your teams, they will have bigger survivability that way!

@necramonium: The cliff could be improved visually not to be in such a straight line, some inundations would do the trick. All the rest looks great! Love your details on the map.

There is a bunker which is positioned away from the beach - is this intentional?

Oh men that was an awesome experience - just finished the first bloody scenario!

Map is really special, plenty of details - that hill with the bunker is soooo beautiful!

Tips:

- Get rid of 1 extra hour! When Germans surrendered I had 1 hour and half more!

- Put 3 to 4 MG nests behind the bocage (just next to them so they can shoot against revealing US soldiers) to protect mortarts - otherwise it's a simple turkey shoot.

- Marder III M that is positioned on the W side of the map (if you look in the direction of the main objective) does not have a LOS on the beach - it actually has a very small LOS at anything- is this WAD?

Thank you so much for this mate! :D

awesomestuff.jpg

Oh men that was an awesome experience - just finished the first bloody scenario!

Map is really special, plenty of details - that hill with the bunker is soooo beautiful!

Tips:

- Get rid of 1 extra hour! When Germans surrendered I had 1 hour and half more!

- Put 3 to 4 MG nests behind the bocage (just next to them so they can shoot against revealing US soldiers) to protect mortarts - otherwise it's a simple turkey shoot.

- Marder III M that is positioned on the W side of the map (if you look in the direction of the main objective) does not have a LOS on the beach - it actually has a very small LOS at anything- is this WAD?

Thank you so much for this mate! :D

Thx for the tips, i will take these into consideration, i tried to simulate this as much as possible to the movie, so after they came through Dog One, the action was mostly over when they cleared the trenches and it showed not much of what happened from than on, only with Captain Miller debriefing stating they took out two 88's (thats why there are Marder III's, i had trouble with the 88's, they could not be destroyed for some reason or be abandoned, if they would be manned, they blew the heck out of the allies when they entered the trenches).

About the time, i know, but the thing i hate the most about this game is the short amount of time you will mostly get, some of these battles took days or even weeks. So when you make a battle simulator where you have to capture something within 40 minutes, and always when you are almost done, time is up and game over. :(

And regarding making the cliff a bit less of a straight line, i tried that but it made bunkers come out of position as well as trenches. When i made the cliff higher, the allies had a much bigger chance of survival and would overrun the Germans much easier, if i made the cliff lower, the Germans slaughtered almost every unit coming to the shingle.

I will try and see if i can make any more fine tuning.

What you guys think about the Ramelle mission? I'm especially proud of that one in simulating it as much as possible to the movie, as in when you are almost about to be overrun and the "P-51's, Angels on our shoulders" come in. :)

Btw, i also made a Normandy Battle Ambience mod specially made for these missions in mind, but they can be used for every mission basically!

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1749

Thank you for the answers. One more thing: try adding more barrels and other clutter to the first scene like junk, bricks, bags, try to make imitations of munition/storage dumps. Will make the map come alive even more.

Thank you for the answers. One more thing: try adding more barrels and other clutter to the first scene like junk, bricks, bags, try to make imitations of munition/storage dumps. Will make the map come alive even more.

I can try and do that, but the more stuff there is present on the map, the longer it takes to load the map.

So i updated the map again, added some more trenches/German troops, elevated the terrain a bit here and there, it looked great in the editor, but when i play the mission, every time i start, all the trenches, bunkers and more stuff get displaced all over the map, and never on the same place. What the heck is going on??:confused: