GOLD Tournament

Is it still possible to enroll?

If so I would like to

Thanks

Sandy

Very unlikly sandy, I have one guy as reserve and only that. If 2 players give up from the tournament, I will have space for you, your name will be in the reserve list, so pray for all the possible gods, and maybe some one will quit the torunament in time :D

Did you get my email? I'd like to get in as well...maybe if there are enough of us you can add a new branch? oh, it's Fritz, i set up this account a long time ago...

Fritz (John)

I did got your email man, sorry for not answering, I fogot that email password, was a pain in the as* to get it back.

I have you and Sandy in the reserve list, if some one else get in, It's possible to create another group, but I would have to work over the organization of the tournament, but there is hope for you and Sandy, just keep a look in the forum, any news I will post here.

• 3 weeks later...

News from the Tournament about my matches.

Amadeus vs. Clausewitz: My Axis conquered North Africa, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Spain and is watching the Ural (pic. top left). Japs are under pressure in India.

Clausewitz vs. Amadeus: My Allies has North Africa, Iraq, Iran and Turkey now. Japan is still in good condition in Asia.

Amadeus vs. Peter: Malta should be conquered now but the match is still even.

Peter vs. Amadeus: The first Sealion I see in Gold, maybe the wrong time (Oct.) for Peter. But we will see.

Tourny_Amadeus1.png

Wrong thread Big Al, we are not playing the GOLD tourny... :)

:confused::confused::confused:

..... Could you explain??

Also taking over my post here, and following Amadeus progress, the dead line for this fase of the tournament is 20/04/2012, so everyone get the games done until there and send me the .sav files to the tournament email.

If you guys have any question about the scoring system or anything elsa, please question me.

note: Sorry for not posting nothing these, and not answering the emails, I don't have a good excuse but the deal is that I forgot to check the email inbox.

We are in Mid 42 with Ultima, so 20th of April seems to be too narrow.

The other Match with Willy is ended today, but only because he conceded both his games.

Having only 40 days for a GC campaign seems to be a bit hard to accomplish (especially if players living in distant time zones) :

2 players with similar skills 200 turns likely needed to play. Considering mirror matches means at least 5 turns per day in average....

Just a comment that I believe you're timelines to finish the games are way too tight. I doubt I will finish any of my 4 games in that timeframe. If need be we can turn them over to the referee to render a decision. Imo, with working folks like myself; spring here; and summer around the corner, and others with families and holiday plans, you need to allow a much, much longer period of time to complete these games. I would say until after the summer, but that's just my opinion. On average we do not get in even one turn a day, more like 3 or 4 a week. That's the reality!! Bob.

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished my mirror against Peter. He won the mirror. In both games Russia and China are out but Peter won deservedly. He had a better pacific strategy, sooner China campaign and early Sealion.

My GOLD assessment based on 4 Tourny matches:

1) China is a game breaker. If Japan breaks thru too soon Russia is wide open

2) The Atlantic is for the German Kriegsmarine. I said it before and I repeat it here. The German Marine is too strong

3) Turkey could be conquered too easy and bring much benefit to Germany. No must to go to Egypt via Cyrenaika. Just one little attack on Turkey.

How in the World did you let him get away with an early Sealion? IMO, big mistake! I'll agree with you about the Germans getting too many uboats. Actually, I'm OK with the quantity, let's just make them begin at 1 strength, then it will be up to the Axis player to decide if he really wants to pursue the Atlantic strategy. Strengthening and teching will cost a bundle.

China? Just give them a couple of engineers and allow the USA to operate limited air in. Actually, I believe the Tigers are enough, maybe a fighter contingent.

What do you mean about "let him away". Peter Zima is a good player and he made a fast sealion campaign in 1940 after France. btw all France gambits are ready very early. Doesn't matter what player.

Agree about uboats and China strategy.

• 4 weeks later...
Kommandant can provide an update on the Tourney progress?

I forgot about you guys, sorry, got my head filled with my essay, even if I have finished it a week ago :o

I'm working on it at this very moment, can't tell you that the next fase will be up and running in the next moments, what I can tell you is that it will be in your inboxes until the day ends... Well, until the day ends for me at least :D (that would be my midnight -3 GTM)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I agree that Germany has too many U-boats. If the Brits don't get too adventurous and get even anti-sub 1 and naval warfare 1 they can generally contain/minimize the U-boat threat. And then, if the subs do breakout into Atlantic it's usually piecemeal and they can eventually be tracked down like the scurvy dogs they be. I find an extra ration of grog usually inspires the RN to heroic deeds. Bob.