Being Superior to Peng is No Challenge

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two more games completed! Actually, they weren't completed as such, both sides agreed to Cease Fires. Anybody notice that happening a lot? Both sides get chewed up so much, there's really no point in continuing, even if you've still got 20-some or so turns left? That's something OGSF and I were talking about. Well... I talked about it and he went on about haggis and lochs and wee bairns and stuff. I stopped paying attention.

Peng and I pounded each other with sustained arty barrages, which tore through our troops quickly, and our armor traded shots, sustaining enough damage to render the remaining units ineffective... or at least suicidal.

So we called the jam off with 22 turns left for an outstanding, unbeatable, perfect score of... 0-0.

Nidan and I also whoomped on each other's troops with impressively noisy barrages, but in this case the armor trade off was not equal, with him knocking out 3 of my HTs and damaging one of my M8 Howitzers and me taking out all 4 of his tanks. I think it was four.

Final score; Nidan1- 159, Yours truly- 522.

Both games were loads of fun.

Why, are my platest battles too much for your delicate Aussie sensibilities?

As if a sensibility can be attributed to any Aussie in the first place.

How about sending a set up?

Platest huh ... you are one weird duck pal ... playing with your food is one thing but this takes it to a whole 'nother level. And arranging "battles" between them ... wow ...

http://www.geekosystem.com/tag/platest/

Joe

So, Joe stumbles into view with yet another inane post that—as usual—fails (let's repeat that with emphasis: FAILS) to rise even to the level of mildly amusing. At least he is consistent, abominably so.

Michael

Ah Michael, if you only had the native wit to even NOTICE that he used "platest" then you too could have come up with something that might have approached (not met, but approached ... with luck) my take on the subject.

Of course that would have required you to be able to actually, you know, read rather than having to sound out each word.

Joe

Ah Michael, if you only had the native wit to even NOTICE that he used "platest" then you too could have come up with something that might have approached (not met, but approached ... with luck) my take on the subject.

No, I would have noticed that the humor potential in the word was close to non-existent and not labored mightily only to bring forth a mouse, and a dead one at that. You lose. Again. You smelly old goat.

Michael

(Random white noise...)

I think the thick metal plate in your head is picking up static from sunspots again. Go into the kitchen, grab your biggest, heaviest frying pan and give yourself a few strong whacks in the forehead and see if that clears it up. Don't be afraid to really haul off and make a big noise, okay?

You'll thank me later.

No, I would have noticed that the humor potential in the word was close to non-existent and not labored mightily only to bring forth a mouse, and a dead one at that. You lose. Again. You smelly old goat.

Michael

So says the man who has to post seven separate comments (likely forged) that "attest" to his wisdom ... sad ... so sad.

Joe

What fails to be mentioned is the fact that you all get so puffed up and self agrandizing over the mere fact of a miss-spelled word in a post.

How the so called mighty have fallen.

That was a miss-spelling? I just assumed that ... well ... golly, sorry about that Nidan1.

Lads I'm off to Dallas ... and you're not ... for that I'm thankful.

Joe