The Caucasus & Persian Decision Event + Convoy

Overtures were made by Churchill to deploy a Royal Airforce contingent into the Caucasus to assist the Red Army, now of course Stalin rejected it, or perhaps a better term would be "ignored", but again, SC being a "what if" dictates Stalin isn't running this show, the players are, so how about the DE?

Now besides this, doesn't it seem appropriate that there should be some flexibility in dealing with the "Persian" acquisition. It should be another "optional" decision to cede Persia to the USSR or leave it in the hands of the conquering nation, in this case, one or both of the western Allies, with the subsequent establishing of a lend lease convoy route in which USA can extend MPPs directly to USSR and/or allow for an enhancement of MPPs to the UK. The reality of the situation is historically the UK depended upon Persian oil to the tune of 8.4 million tons to assist its war effort.

Further, wouldn't it also be in the realm of historical possibilities(in fact it happened) that an additional lend lease convoy also be set up into Vladivostok? This will give a little more naval fluidity to the game where the USA can activate, to varying degrees, MPP allocations to ether or both routes at the players discretion.

Hi SeaMonkey

I might be wrong but I think the game mechanics are that only one convoy can be active leaving a country at any one time. Thus if one route is inoperative the system will default to the next in sequence in the convoy events. I have experimentally created a Persan route for the US as one of its defaults but not played it through yet.

I am not sure whether the game could cope with the complex political situation of a Vladivostok route. In reality the Japanese did not molest US ships supplying the USSR via the Far East in the forlorn hope that Stalin would not subsequently attack them despite the fact that they were at war with the US - truth is never trust a dictator. Whether the game can cope with that subtlety depends on whether convoy routes are identified by the country sending supplies or by the country receiving them and I cannot answer that.

Regards

Mike