Can anyone rez explode something for me?

Hi,

As I own the Mac version of CMBN I don't have any of the modding tools associated with the PC version.

I really like Vein's Sounds Mod but would like to be able to get at the individual files. Is there a PC user that is willing to 'explode' it for me? Perhaps putting the result in a dropbox?

Note to BFC: are you ever going to produce the rez tools for Mac?

Xian - had the same problem. If you have a windows VM available (Parallels, Virtualbox and the like) you can use the rezplode tools there. They work in a VM.

Of course it would be nice to have a Mac version of the tools or at least include the windows binaries in the Mac version so you don't have to get a copy from someone else.

Hi Mike,

Will do- and thanks.

I'd also like to start another battle against you soon, but I think we should wait until CW module is released in case we can't finish the mission with the CW update.

Up for another in 1-2 weeks (hopefully)?

<<Thanks for exploding the mod for me>>

Xian - had the same problem. If you have a windows VM available (Parallels, Virtualbox and the like) you can use the rezplode tools there. They work in a VM.

Of course it would be nice to have a Mac version of the tools or at least include the windows binaries in the Mac version so you don't have to get a copy from someone else.

It's certainly a possibility but I still need to buy the correct version of windows to be compatible with the Mac Boot system. My version of XP didn't have the service packs needed.

Hi Mike,

Will do- and thanks.

I'd also like to start another battle against you soon, but I think we should wait until CW module is released in case we can't finish the mission with the CW update.

Up for another in 1-2 weeks (hopefully)?

<<Thanks for exploding the mod for me>>

You're welcome.

And yes, as soon as the CW module comes out, let's do battle again.

Can't wait to try out the new german goodies.. :D

It's certainly a possibility but I still need to buy the correct version of windows to be compatible with the Mac Boot system. My version of XP didn't have the service packs needed.

Thats a bit off-topic but you are mixing up dual-boot and virtual machines.

Dual-boot means to really boot another OS on your machine. The hardware is still a Mac but the software is Linux or Windows.

With a virtual machine you run one operating system inside another. So you boot OSX and then start a programm that lets you run nearly any other OS you like. That includes XP. There are others but I mainly use Virtualbox (http://www.virtualbox.org/). Try it - its actually quite easy.