Finally happened

I've seen so many threads about broken tank crews denying the rightful victors objectives but so far it hasn't been a problem for me. I just read the posts and mutter to myself about proper sweep & clear etc. And then I've just had a 300pt objective that I'd occupied with two Panthers, two half-tracks and a couple of infantry denied because of a JEEP DRIVER hiding behind a wall. A jeep driver WITH NO JEEP. Because I'd blown it up. And he ran away. But not far enough it would seem.

And to add insult to injury...

SPOLIER...

...it was in the second Panzer Marsch scenario so the next mission tells me that because I FAILED(!), I am now surrounded and having to effect a breakout. Because a jeep driver was behind a wall??? Harumph!

Anyway, just having an ineffectual moan about it.

Yeah I do too. I had a counter attack by three or four tank crews. They went on a rampage..all my hardwork went down the drain as they wiped out defenders who had held on and taken and destroyed everything that was thrown at them, except these nine men and their pistols. 1 hour of constant combat and finally nullifying that attack (During the Die Amis Komman scenario)only to then sh1t myself when I saw these tank men coming.

What I had to do was go back a save (Luckly I had one not long before this assault was launched) and I had every thing I could fire at them.

I still have three of them just lying there under a tree whilst Mg's\rifles\grenades\at guns and some HE killed the rest or they surrendered but it took about 4 or 5 turns to do it. They still took out a squad with ease though.

I think any crew that had to bail out should immediately make their way out of the fight, and only fire when fired on, but never ever set out to attack.

My suggestion is that broken troops should not count as holding an objective if enemy troops are within 50 yards. IMHO the broken troops are not combat effective.

Absolutely. In some ways I quite like the idea of the heroic driver armed with nothing but a pistol stoically holding out against overwhelming odds to deny the enemy victory. But not if they're broken. All that would happen is they'd surrender the minute anyone found them so they can't be counted as occupying anything (or denying anyone else from doing so).

Incidentally, why did the German truck drivers have MP40s? Makes them better armed than many other combatants on the battlefield. Those movies are apparently more accurate than I thought. Everyone has an MP40 in the movies...

Not all truck drivers have MP40's. In fact, I haven't seen one with an MP40.

I'm playing a small scenario at the moment and I have 2 trucks. Both drivers ( and the driver of my Kubelwagen ) have Kar98's.

Fourth scenario of Panzer Marsch. (The one where you've won scenario 3 - yes, I'm ashamed to admit I replayed scenario 3 from a previous save) All the truck drivers have MP40s. First I'd noticed but then possibly the first time I've had a German truck on my side. No idea if its default weaponry or something the sceanario designer has put in (I've never played with the editor in CMBN) but definitely MP40s. All the truck drivers. Must admit, I was rather surprised. Think I might dismount them and get them to assault the US positions. ;)

They are very busy cranking out Commmonwealth.

You mean cranking out a paid DLC instead of fixing large problems with the game and adding/removing things that should/shouldn't be there?

What any sensible developer would do:

1. After launch, ask the community if there are any perceived problems or missing things.

2. If easy, tweak/implement and patch into the game, if not, move on.

3. Release Expansion that adds functionality that is not patchworthy.

3. ???

4. Profit!

Instead BFC seems to do this:

1. Release game that's barely working (CM:SF).

2. Tell the community that you'll implement improvements later.

3. Release DLC's en masse that don't add crucial functionality.

4. Release another game that has some of the improvements that should've been patched into the first game, still with many barely working things. (CM:BN)

5. Tell the community that you'll implement improvements later.

7. Release another game that has some of the improvements that should've been patched into the second game, still with many barely working things. (Bulge)

8. Etc.

You mean cranking out a paid DLC instead of fixing large problems with the game and adding/removing things that should/shouldn't be there?

What any sensible developer would do:

1. After launch, ask the community if there are any perceived problems or missing things.

2. If easy, tweak/implement and patch into the game, if not, move on.

3. Release Expansion that adds functionality that is not patchworthy.

3. ???

4. Profit!

Instead BFC seems to do this:

1. Release game that's barely working (CM:SF).

2. Tell the community that you'll implement improvements later.

4. Release another game that has some of the improvements that should've been patched into the first game, still with many barely working things. (CM:BN)

5. Tell the community that you'll implement improvements later.

7. Release another game that has some of the improvements that should've been patched into the second game, still with many barely working things. (Bulge)

8. Etc.

Careful, the masses of self appointed defenders of the faith will be descending upon on you very soon.