Foxholes in houses

the guy in the foxhole in the house benefits at least as well as if he were in a foxhole out in the open...

I suppose it depends on what is building. If infantry inside the barn or something with thin walls (penetrable by bullets) - foxholes provide additional cover.

If foxhole is inside of bullet-proof building it matter only if firefight started inside the building.

MeThinks it would be nice to be able to edit foxholes in the editor as to their layout (grouped vs. inline). Lining them up snuggled next to a low bocage or low wall would increase their effectiveness. I'm assuming that they come in groups of four in order to accommodate an entire squad. Also, better looking emplacements for a dug in AT gun.

I suggest your try it out in a quick QB, or don't bother, just use the house, no way will a foxhole inside a house make you less conspicuous (I mean your behind walls already with a roof). What would have happened in WW2 would be walls were reinforced with sandbags, however this isn't in the game, though maybe the foxhole business is replicating it?

Still I see no point in doing it in real life as it wouldn't make a jot of difference so I'm sure it won't in the game.

Only time it will make some difference is if a couple of walls where down. Then I expect it may give more cover, it will all depend on what has more of a cover value\foxhole or rubble.