US Islands.. Garrisoning

As a GC newbie (non gold currently).. esp to pacific I'm "at sea" with regard to U.S. islands in the pacific. Can I reinforce these islands by builds or operate? Should I? I'm assuming I can't transport to them because of the U.S. exclusion zone.

Seems odds to not be able to transport to them though. Also odd that no american fleet starts at Pearl to be attacked!

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Luke

Hi Luke.

The US pacific fleet will be placed at Pearl Harbor once Japan declares war against the USA (which usually is the case when the japanese player has his carriers moved next to Pearl Harbor, so that he can attack it once he declared war...).

The other way to think about it is that the actual Marine garrisons deployed on Wake or Guam in 1941 would not really show up as units in the scale of SC. Thus the islands were virtually undefended except of course they were but not with sufficient force to hold out against the eventual numbers against them.

Regards

Mike

Thanks guy. Just experienced my first pearl harbor and was relieved to see my forces appear. Unfortunately I was not relieved to see Hawaii conquered by my Japanese opponent :( there is no way for me to prevent that is there? :( he used 3 Special Forces and the core fleet. :(

Ha! One last detail question. If I move the air unit will the u.s. infantry unit that appears garrison Honolulu rather than sit in middle of island?

It is not easy for me to test this without playing all the way through to Pearl Harbor :-)

Just trying to think of any tweaks I can do to help Hawaii next time.