Über-shrek

My previous notion was that shreks where pretty much useless over 150 m. In the beginning of a battle I had forgotten to put a target arc on a shrek team, when a Sherman appeared in the far distance. The inspired shrek team took a pot shot and scored a whopping 290 m penetrating hit.

I didn't take it out, but still...:)

Effective range does not mean the range at which the round ceases to exists. It typically means the range at which you are as likely to hit as to miss a typical target. Anything beyond effective range is more likely to miss than hit, but there is still some chance. (Quick tests I conducted a few weeks ago suggested a 10-15% chance of a first round hit at these ranges by Panzershreck.)

Panzershreck could be fired on area targets out to something like 800m, so the ballistic potential to hit something is there for quite a distance beyond effective range. Doesn't mean it is a good idea to try. ;)

Quick tests I conducted a few weeks ago suggested a 10-15% chance of a first round hit at these ranges by Panzershreck.

That is a surprisingly high percentage. What kind of target? My hit was the front of a slowly moving sherman, coming more or less straight at me.