Those things you love..about cmbn!

I am currently playing road to montebourg campaign (again!)..I wanted to share the awesome satisfaction and happiness feeling when I can do one of these...:

Taking a tank out with any inf held weapons..

Storming a position with grenades and smg fire..

Using a good pin and flank manoeuvre successfully wipe down a squad..

Ambush many enemies with a single mg team...then see them get mowed down..

See a single heroic soldier do awesome things...and see him again in other missions..you feel then each soldier is worth fighting for and that each casualty the enemy takes is important :D..

Thins games has its flaws..but..in all its awesome.(They should really tweak the AI in QB tho..)I can wih a single mortar firing at a bottleneck position kill all their attacking force as they never retreat and just rush in a line..lol

My Squads flanking move.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/cmnormandy2012012902143.png/

Assaulting Squad:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85/cmnormandy2012012902142.png/

German Position:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/cmnormandy2012012902145.png/

(mg team on right..mortar in foxholes and a inf squad down..)

All that with like 8 men..

Ambush many enemies with a single mg team...then see them get mowed down..

To be honest my one outstanding moment with this was a bit of disappointment really.

I was playing against the AI and my ambush worked. Great. Except the AI didn't seem to see the bodies (I assume it doesn't) and kept sending the rest of the platoon to the same spot in the lane. There were about 30 bodies in front of the MG in the end. IRL I'm sure they would have tried something different. Felt like an empty victory.

Not sure if that could ever be addressed. Get the AI to avoid an AS if it has dead friendlies in it? Anyone know how the AI is supposed to behave in such circumstances?

Yeah I concur. RTM is a pretty good campaign too, but it builds up slowly. I enjoyed it for the most part. I just wished parts of it were larger with more forces. It can feel a little dis-jointed due to its size, in my opinion anyway.

Some of my favourite moments were dropping 60mm into the crew compartment of a MKIV (a VERY lucky shot), watching the crew bail and getting hosed by my infantry squad. Dropping 60mm into the crew compartment of a Marder and watching it explode. HMG's taking out pillboxes. Scouts detecting enemy platoons without being seen.

One of my Axis troopers fired a Panzerfaust at a Sherman as it was about to cross a stone bridge over a river, the shot hit the side of the tank causing the crew to panic and drive the tank off the bridge and into the river, best CMBN moment yet :)

Wowsers, I've never seen that before? Sure it wasn't a bug or something. Can tanks fall off bridges? What happened to the tank?

I was thinking of getting DCS' A10 flight sim. You really played that. How is it?

Outstanding, beautifully modeled in all respects. The manual is 600 pages; gotta love that.

Back on topic - CM:BN is very immersive to me with beautiful detail. Getting down in the weeds and watching replays of the action can be amazing seeing the pixeltruppen behave in a realistic manner.

To be honest my one outstanding moment with this was a bit of disappointment really.

I was playing against the AI and my ambush worked. Great. Except the AI didn't seem to see the bodies (I assume it doesn't) and kept sending the rest of the platoon to the same spot in the lane. There were about 30 bodies in front of the MG in the end. IRL I'm sure they would have tried something different. Felt like an empty victory.

Not sure if that could ever be addressed. Get the AI to avoid an AS if it has dead friendlies in it? Anyone know how the AI is supposed to behave in such circumstances?

By far the #1 problem with the game experience IMO. The AI is on rails like little ducks in a shooting gallery.

Raindrops on roses & whiskers on kittens?

Seriously, watching a Hanomag turn a corner of bocage, come face to face with a Sherman, hear someone say "achtung, panzer!" and see the Hanomag slam into reverse just as a shot rings out and (barely) misses it is probably the greatest thing I've ever seen in any game.

Jyri

I was thinking of getting DCS' A10 flight sim. You really played that. How is it?

I have only had A-10C about a week. I like it a lot. I think that, like CMBN It will take months to master but once you do ,the rewards will be Grand. check out some of the utube vid's on it .

Sorry to get O.T.

Great CMBN memories,......taking out a Panzer MKIV with an M-8 Greyhound, with a shot to the MKIV's rear armour.

Using Diversionary Tactics,,,, By drawing the enemy's attention in one direction with some of your unit's and attacking with other units from the enemy's blind side.

How...can you have such a beautifuly looking game..I mean I know you turned the sharpness on and all with photoshop..but still...mine looks like a comic action book..

With Aris mods my game looks not to far way from the screenie, I don't use shadows though. I have AA on in game options and on very high in Catalyst controls and the graphic settings in game at better or best.

With Aris mods my game looks not to far way from the screenie, I don't use shadows though. I have AA on in game options and on very high in Catalyst controls and the graphic settings in game at better or best.

Does AA actually work? I thought AA only worked in DirectX? I use 4-8x AF which gives it a crisp look. Not far off that screenshot. But AA would be good too.

My best moment (and it was in my first game after upgrading the demo to full I think)

1. I "soften" up a village with a heavy arty bombardment.

2. I send in the infantry to secure the 2-story buildings

3. Once cleared of AT threats, I move up my Panthers, working their way down the narrow little streets

4. A sherman counter attack begins from the far side of the village, so I creep a Panther between some of my 2-story buildings to see if it can get a shot off

5. The sherman fires first, and the shell deflects harmlessly off... into a heavily damaged building my infantry were occupying

6. The building collapses killing everyone inside :(

Don't worry Warmachine... nobody's game looks like that. ;)

Mine is very close to that, using all the lastest mods and especially the HD terrain mods by Aris, and Tanks a Lot buildings, also running 32xAA and 16xAniso.

The HD mods and new buildings make it a new game, visually. I'd suggest going through the BFC Repository or GreenAsJade's site and downloading as much as you can. The game can look, and sound, stunning. I have about 3GB of mods installed so far.

Mine is very close to that, using all the lastest mods and especially the HD terrain mods by Aris, and Tanks a Lot buildings, also running 32xAA and 16xAniso.

Has Tanks a Lot's buildnings really been released yet? Couldn't find them in neither the repository or at CMMODS. :confused: