Commonweath module: game improvements?

Graphics improvement: depth of field

It was stated that the screenshots were not photoshopped. Since the newer ones show a depth of field effect, i assume that will be one of the enhancements.

Can anyone confirm this? I assumed some of the shots were doctored a tad, since some are far higher quality than others. Would be cool but I doubt it.

Edit: For example, this one

screenshot003.jpg

vs

this one.

cm-normandy-1.jpg

One of these things is not like the others :P

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could the difference also be attributable to different capabilities of the respective video cards? I.e., some are better than others and deliver higher rez, sharper, contrastier images?

Michael

This comment caused me to look at my graphics settings and discover that I have been playing on "balanced" this whole time. Maxed everything out and lo and behold the game does indeed look significantly better. Go figure :D

On the downside, the shadows still glitch out all over the vehicles. That has got to be fixed. If it can't be done soon, at least give us an option to turn on environment shadows only, since they look fine and give the terrain some contrast.

My other pet peeve about the graphics is the texture pop in. I'm pretty sure my card, that can run Crysis maxed out, can handle drawing all of the terrain, all of the time.

My one final opinion for the night ;), is that BFC should contract out Aris to do the textures from now on. After using his, the default ones are just..bleh

Re Anti-Aliasing... is that correct that CM games don't support it?

I have AA on right now, so is that having a detrimental effect if the game doesn't support it??

I have asked a couple times before for what are the ideal nVidia or video card settings, but have never seen such a recommended list.

Well my CMBN uses AA....some people I see here don't judging by screenies, but I have no jaggies at all...

I have it turnd on in the game menu options and turned on on ATI catalyst. I have AA at 8x wide tent so it becomes x16 and I have AF set to x16.

How do you take screenies? I'm doing cntrl print screen then doing paste as new image using gimp but it's just showing my desktop rather than the game..I was going to show a screenie of the settings at 1440x900 res..