Commonweath module: game improvements?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I've had a look around, couldn't find it: where's the list of game improvements that's coming with the Commonwealth module? All I've been able to see so far is a list extra units...

Thanks!

GaJ

GAJ off topic mate, but can you check your pm's please. sorry I do not know the answer to this..actually was there even a list of improvements????

Yep, dealt with the PMs today :) Let me know if you didn't get access.

Surely there are game improvements: I thought that each new module comes with a patch for the original that has these.

One thing I'm expecting (based on some thread or other) is improved Arty interface. I'd pay $35 just not to have to go through the painful sequence of button presses all over again each time I click a strike that isn't quite right.

Somewhere it was mentioned they are working on many playability features... I was thinking that at pre-order would be the time we get the list of these...

GaJ

What is the problem with actually saying what to expect in each module? At the moment all we get is a drip drip feed of the barest morsels. Months can go by without the slightest update, then you get one and then more months go without a word. They still haven't stated on the website what infantry units are in the CW module.If there will be any changes etc., Yet, there is all the info in the world on how to purchase it and I have noticed any question on purchasing appears to be answered very quickly.

BTW I purchased CMBN and now CW, along with the CMx1 and CMSF+Brits

It is the most frustrating thing about BFC.

stikkypixie..well in the CMSF modules there was always a couple of goodies...nothing major like UI changes just the odd new animation etc..

So I believe there will be some new bits and bobs.

The only real "features" (or at least what I would call features) were the enhanced LOS system, where height was taken into account and maybe the return for the blue bar. I'll be happy if they prove me wrong, but right now even small UI changes seem very unlikely.

No mate. Only on release. They content of a module they will say but not the content thats also part of a free patch.

Only on Battlefront would it be necessary to mention the word "free" in the context of a patch. (OK, Paradox too.)

I just logged on for the first time in ages to ask the best way to order both the base game and the Commonwealth expansion to save money AND get to D/L and play the base game right away. I saw a note on the site somewhere a couple of days ago, but can't find it now. Here's hoping for that lightning response!

The only real "features" (or at least what I would call features) were the enhanced LOS system, where height was taken into account and maybe the return for the blue bar. I'll be happy if they prove me wrong, but right now even small UI changes seem very unlikely.

Not sure what a real feature is. There either major ones or minor, and we usually get some great little bonus additions with a module as I said. In one it was the hunt animation and going over a wall. Things like that and fixes make me happy anyway.

UI changes to me are major features and these will not be addressed until a new base game, this has been stated several times already.

I could have sworn there was a post a while back from Steve saying that during the development of Commonwealth they had a focus on improving the UI.

Hmmm. My recollection is that he flatly denied that. Some weeks or even months earlier he said not to expect it until after the Bulge family was out. I guess time will tell which of our recollections is closer to the truth. I hope yours is.

:)

Michael

Small company; can't afford a dedicated PR team. Those are the breaks.

Michael

Well Steve used to be a pretty impressive one-man PR team, of a sort. He seemed to be around at all hours on th eforums anyway, dispensing opinions and info and responding to questions and criticisms, although he was never adverse to taking issue with customers he disagreed with. The few times I’ve looked in on the forums of late, I don't recall seeing any posts by him. Surely he is still with BFC? I hope the New Hampshire, or was it Vermont, winters haven't gotten the better of him;)

They don't need a dedicated PR department to be able to communicate what they are up to. Have one look around the indie gaming scene and you will find dozens of 1-3 man teams who give out regular status updates, videos of new improvements, and so on. The industry has moved to a model of small developers being very open with their fans, and BFC is behind the curve.

A great example would be Naval War: Arctic Circle which is very much a niche wargame. They post a couple screenshots and a little preview every time they finish modeling a new unit, along with the occasional dev diary. Wouldn't you guys have preferred something like that instead of going months at a time with no new info at all?

And there is a reason that you get no idea about the exact content of what is in the module except for the 100% sure things such as vehicles. BFC knows not to promise things to people that by the time it ships, could have changed significantly. As far as lack of communication, it's because they are busy. :D

I love Battlefronts games, but I can't stand their communication policies... (non-communication)...

Agreed that they're not the most garrulous game company in the business but they're a lot better than some ;). I play some Paradox games from time to time and they love to talk about new features. For example, when they've got a new module or title in the pipeline there's an update where they focus on one new feature very week starting about 2 months prior to the release. On the other hand, I play Civ V more frequently and 2KGames are definitely a LOT worse than BFC on this front :eek:.

No one disagrees that they are busy although, as I have already noted, they are that busy but always find time to answer post's about purchasing and to react post's that criticise the game

What they could do though is be a little more informative with the rank and file of this site all 34,000 of us.