Canadians vs. Brits?

I was wondering... For game purposes, what differences can we expect to see between British and Canadian troops? Not counting insignia and (probably) American accents!

Does anybody here know if there were any notable differences between the organization and weapons used by the Brits in Normandy vs. the Canadians? What am I saying... Of COURSE somebody here knows. Several somebodies, I`m guessing...

The only significant visual difference I can think of would be the "turtle" helmets that seem to have been exclusive to the Canadians in Normandy - at least that`s my impression.

The only significant visual difference I can think of would be the "turtle" helmets that seem to have been exclusive to the Canadians in Normandy - at least that`s my impression.

This would be an incorrect impression, the Mk III helmet was not Canadian by any means.

The AFV that goes by the proud name of Otter was, though.

Funny... I knew the Mk III was British, but it seems that whenever I see a Normandy photo with Mk III helmets the soldiers are always Canadian. I had formed the impression that either the Canadians were the only ones wearing it in Normandy, or had a large percentage of the helmets in service.

I just had a look at the Wiki for the Mk III, which states that both British and Canadian troops wore the helmet in Normandy - but then all of the photos show Canadian troops. Weird...

It could just be that for a long time ALL the Canadians in Normandy had the Mk.III. IIRC it was reserved for the assault units, which made up an ever-diminisihing proportion of the British forces ashore, whereas new Canadian formations didn't come ashore for many weeks.

Yes, there's photos of Canadians wearing the Mk.II as well, at least if I can recognize them right... all the different angles and use of webbing or lack thereof make it hard to tell, especially from distant shots. But these are Canucks in Normandy (except for the Yanks) and I think they are wearing Mark-Two's.

france_canadians_americans.jpg

vaucelles_july20.jpg

I can't imagine any other nation swearing more than a British squaddie - copulative verb expletives are used as punctuation, a simple request being something like

"Hoi - eff-wit, effing pass me the effing rifle effing sling will yer?"

And none of that would have been meant in an agressive manner, just asking his mate to pass over a rifle sling.