Historic Scenarios

Whilst im nowhere near finishing the Carentan map, has there been a list or poll of historic battles/scenarios that people are interested in seeing recreated? looking for a bit of inspiration really.........

Also, I would imagine there will be a clamouring for Pegasus Bridge if the CWF release doesnt already include one

Pegasus bridge would be sweet as would the Merville battery

Some wish-list ideas:

1. Some historical and accurately scaled battle maps of the Omaha Beach "draws" and Utah beach exits would be cool, since those would be the critical objectives for troops to fight on D-Day once they had landed. Players could make scenarios assuming that the forces on map had landed already, and were trying to fight their way off the beaches.

2. Also, thinking ahead to the Commonwealth module -- any accurate maps of the areas NW, W, and SW of Caen from the Epsom, Bluecoat, and other British operations would be great. The module looks like it's going to ship with a few maps from this area, but it's not yet clear exactly what terrain will be covered.

3. Longer-term, it would be great to have a "master map" of the 29th ID and 2nd ID areas from the St Lo-Isigny Highway east to Hill 197, and south from those points to Saint-Lo. Once we have German FJ units in the game, this one of the major places where they fought. I've already master-mapped the XIX Corps sector west of that, and LongLeftFlank has master-mapped it further west to Le Carillon. La Meauffe, and the Vire River.

Some wish-list ideas:

1. Some historical and accurately scaled battle maps of the Omaha Beach "draws" and Utah beach exits would be cool, since those would be the critical objectives for troops to fight on D-Day once they had landed. Players could make scenarios assuming that the forces on map had landed already, and were trying to fight their way off the beaches.

as far as i know the "bloody omaha" scenario includes a very detailed map of the omaha sector (beach to st laurent sur mer). but its really huge and only playable us vs ai or h2h at the moment.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1372

I have a finished map of Pegasus Bridge along with Ouistreham, Ranville and 7 others along the Orne River... all part of a campaign called Shimi's March... now to get my hands on that new module... lol

That is sweet news Fredrock, look forward to getting my mits on your campaign.

Looking forward to it too given your great reputation and having played the PB CG in ASL. I have not played Sie Kommen. I know that is probably sacrilege, but I prefer historic campaigns. I did peruse the materials for Sie Kommen and really liked the campaign booklet you developed for it.

Gerry

Looking forward to it too given your great reputation and having played the PB CG in ASL. I have not played Sie Kommen. I know that is probably sacrilege, but I prefer historic campaigns. I did peruse the materials for Sie Kommen and really liked the campaign booklet you developed for it.

Gerry

Make an exception...for sei kommen anyway.

as far as i know the "bloody omaha" scenario includes a very detailed map of the omaha sector (beach to st laurent sur mer). but its really huge and only playable us vs ai or h2h at the moment.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1372

That map is indeed huge, take a long time to load and when all the units spawn, it becomes a slide show. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of making a Market Garden related scenario, situated around the town of Oosterbeek where some terrible fighting took place. Seeing I'm from the Netherlands and my grandmother was 14 when MG took place (she lived in Nijmegen, during MG she and her family had to survive in a underground bunker, she is still afraid of heavy noises, especially fireworks,) so i got a bigger connection to MG. But i think i will wait for the MG module to work on that Oosterbeek scenario, maybe the module will even come with a Oosterbeek map itself. Regarding making scenario's, does anyone know a good place where you can find allot of good aerial photographs from from WWII where you don't need to pay for them?

Btw, is there already a scenario out there of the artillery bunkers that Easy Company had to take out? That is made famously in Band Of Brothers.

That map is indeed huge, take a long time to load and when all the units spawn, it becomes a slide show. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of making a Market Garden related scenario, situated around the town of Oosterbeek where some terrible fighting took place. Seeing I'm from the Netherlands and my grandmother was 14 when MG took place (she lived in Nijmegen, during MG she and her family had to survive in a underground bunker, she is still afraid of heavy noises, especially fireworks,) so i got a bigger connection to MG. But i think i will wait for the MG module to work on that Oosterbeek scenario, maybe the module will even come with a Oosterbeek map itself. Regarding making scenario's, does anyone know a good place where you can find allot of good aerial photographs from from WWII where you don't need to pay for them?

Btw, is there already a scenario out there of the artillery bunkers that Easy Company had to take out? That is made famously in Band Of Brothers.

Oh don't wait for MG module that wont be till next year..do a Oosterbeek scenario now :-)

Well I am not a beta tester, so when the Commonwealth module comes out, it will take a little bit to put up the force mixes, then play test, then play test somemore... so to answer your question... I DONT KNOW.... lol

You sure you are not a member of BFC's staff?