Commonwealth preorder question

Is that the same for Europe? That might help if people who live local to one another can team up to in effect reduce postage costs...

I understand what you are saying about your costs and if that is what you need to charge then so be it. As you say downloading is the option or you can view it as saving $10 by pre-ordering... Depends on your view...

Yes, it works like this for every customer, regardless of location. EU customers pay a base S&H of $20 and then only $1 for each additional product. If you can team up with a friend etc., or if you bundle up your purchases, you can save a lot of money that way.

NOOOOO.... books always ship from our US warehouse! We do not stock books in the EU at all (never have). This would make your entire order ship from the US, and you'd get hit with the UK import tax again!

BTW, I understand not wanting to pay the UK surtax! AFAIK this is unique to the UK, no other country in the EU has it; usually the worst you may have to pay is the import VAT, if even that. I don't understand that there isn't a huge uproar in the UK about this.

Martin

Taxation without representation? Sounds like grounds for a Revolution! Oh, wait; never mind. ;)

Hello Martin:

Wondering would Battlefront consider another option, i.e. Preorder but Mail Only to save some souls some more money?

Thanks for CM and your time.

Gerry

Here is a price breakdown (returning customers will recognize this because it's always been the same principle since we started doing digital delivery back in 2007):

Commonwealth Module, download only - $35

Commonwealth Module, mail only - $35 plus S&H

Commonwealth Module, download & mail - $45 plus S&H

Commonwealth Module PREORDER, also download & mail - $35 ($10 off) plus S&H. If you are in the US, the $10 discount basically means free shipping.

Normandy & Commonwealth BUNDLE, download only - $65 ($55 + $35 if purchased separately, so you do save a bundle ;))

Normandy & Commonwealth BUNDLE, mail only - $65 plus Shipping&Handling

Normandy & Commonwealth BUNDLE, download & mail - $75 plus S&H

Normandy & Commonwealth BUNDLE, preorder (also download & mail) - $65 plus S&H. Again, you save $10, which means basically free shipping domestically (and half the S&H for EU and other customers)

And just to round out things - keep in mind that the S&H is per order, not per product. So if you order more than one item to be delivered by mail, any additional item adds only $1 to the S&H. So if you preorder the module and one book, you'll pay $11 in S&H (domestically), not $20.

Martin

I preordered CMBN (box & download). During the preorder of CM Commonwealth, I see if "you have a discount coupon". I would like to know if buying CMBN (box & download) you give me that "discount" or not. Do you give "discount" for preording? Are those "discounts" comulatives? (for the next module) Thanks for help and sorry for my english :o

I have another question: am I right that I would have to buy the commonwealth module twice if I would own both the PC and Mac versions of the base game?

I hope I misread that...

No, unfortunately it's true. Right now, the PC and Mac platform versions are entirely independent, so you have to purchase them separately. We are hoping to be able to offer platform independent licenses in the future, but it takes quite a bit of work in the backend to make this possible.

If you want to buy both platform versions, go to www.battlefront.com/helpdesk and ask for a rebate. We're happy to offer a small rebate for the second game in this case.

Martin

Hello Martin:

Wondering would Battlefront consider another option, i.e. Preorder but Mail Only to save some souls some more money?

Thanks for CM and your time.

Gerry

We could do it but it couldn't be any less expensive than the current download&mail preorder option, so it really doesn't make much sense.

I preordered CMBN (box & download). During the preorder of CM Commonwealth, I see if "you have a discount coupon". I would like to know if buying CMBN (box & download) you give me that "discount" or not. Do you give "discount" for preording? Are those "discounts" comulatives? (for the next module) Thanks for help and sorry for my english :o

Preorders give you a $10 discount automatically when compared to buying the "download&mail" option later on. You do not need a coupon for it.

Few people are eligible for coupons (I mentioned one example above, if you want to buy the same game as PC and as Mac version), and there are no public coupons out there at the moment.

Why does download and mail cost $10 more than mail only? There surely aren't any extra costs involved in throwing in an immediate download are there? How are serials handled in such a case?

There are extra costs. Bandwidth isn't free, even if some customers think that it is. Bandwidth is paid for either through ads or companies that offer you other services. In our case, bandwidth cost is figured into our prices.

The prices are structured in a way to pay for either a download or the physical goods. But not both. If you want both, you have to pay $10 more, to offset the additional cost of both deliveries. Oh, and we make a little more profit, too. Companies need to make profit :)

You get one License key, no matter what delivery option you choose. License keys are not tied to any specific version of the game (digital or physical). The disc version is just a digital version burned to disc, really.

I guess companies like Steam that do everything online have made people expect licensing tied into downloads in some way. One of the big advantages of our digital delivery platform is that your game is not tied to anything online in any way. Downloads are just a means of delivery, nothing else. Licensing is entirely independent of downloads.

Martin

Moon if I ordered two copies to same address I presume I get two License codes and the game can be downloaded from two different PC's in two different locations? Just looking at ordering multiple copies to same address to save on postage and making sure it does not cause any problems with downloading...