Commonwealth preorder question

Are you going to ship all the games and books from the USA ?

Or are you planning to ship the orders for Europe from Ireland as you did some years ago?

It is an important question for the European customers because the custom fees are usually quite high... (not just the taxes, but also the fee they charge just to process the item at the customs).

It would be really nice if you could ship from Ireland...

Txema

I was going to Pre_order but saw the $20 postage to UK and then remembered the joy of customs, so after seeing the response above I will just have to go down the download route... Good to know it will be with us soon.

Download only for me too..austere times

I was going to Pre_order but saw the $20 postage to UK and then remembered the joy of customs, so after seeing the response above I will just have to go down the download route... Good to know it will be with us soon.

There is not going to be any customs because we're shipping out of our EU warehouse in Germany. So this is a "domestic" shipment if you're within the EU.

The only exception is if you order one of the Nafziger books with it. Books always ship out of our US warehouse (we do not stock them in Europe).

I think the $ 20,- postage to Europe is much too steep. Like to think of it as a forced donation to Battlefront and company...Didn't prevent me from ordering though.

The S&H cost reflects the cost (in Euros) that we have for our European warehouse operation. Nobody would be happier than us to see that decrease, but we have to charge what it costs (or increases the prices for everybody).

If $20 is actually going to Battlefront, then I might preorder. I suspect this actually goes to the delivery company (DHL). Can anyone confirm? Also, customs tax was a further £20 on top of this for CMBN Steel Box. Are we liable for further taxes this time, too?

All the same, looking forwards to the module. Thanks Battlefront.

Edit: okay, Thanks Moon.

Yeah, I won't be making that mistake again. Download only for me this time.

EDIT: Just saw the post above. Ah well, I'll still just get the DL alone this time.

If $20 is actually going to Battlefront, then I might preorder. I suspect this actually goes to the delivery company (DHL). Can anyone confirm? Also, customs tax was a further £20 on top of this for CMBN Steel Box. Are we liable for further taxes this time, too?

All the same, looking forwards to the module. Thanks Battlefront.

Edit: okay, Thanks Moon.

Not if sent from Germany.

However the $20 for sending it within the Euro zone is very steep and I guess part of the handling charge to get the people to do it for Battlefront.

Either way as the $20 is not going to Battlefront and I am currently out of work it will be the slightly cheaper download route. To pay nearly as much in shipping as the cost of the game is a bit too much.... Times is ard.....

The $20 includes both postage as well as handling. So part of it goes to the postal service, the rest to us to pay for the warehouse employees and expenses.

There will be no taxes for the Commonwealth module because it is shipping out of our warehouse in Germany (i.e. inside the EU).

I see, but if we are told what download only costs. I can make a decision now on whether to get a hard copy or wait for download only.

Here is a price breakdown (returning customers will recognize this because it's always been the same principle since we started doing digital delivery back in 2007):

Commonwealth Module, download only - $35

Commonwealth Module, mail only - $35 plus S&H

Commonwealth Module, download & mail - $45 plus S&H

Commonwealth Module PREORDER, also download & mail - $35 ($10 off) plus S&H. If you are in the US, the $10 discount basically means free shipping.

Normandy & Commonwealth BUNDLE, download only - $65 ($55 + $35 if purchased separately, so you do save a bundle ;))

Normandy & Commonwealth BUNDLE, mail only - $65 plus Shipping&Handling

Normandy & Commonwealth BUNDLE, download & mail - $75 plus S&H

Normandy & Commonwealth BUNDLE, preorder (also download & mail) - $65 plus S&H. Again, you save $10, which means basically free shipping domestically (and half the S&H for EU and other customers)

And just to round out things - keep in mind that the S&H is per order, not per product. So if you order more than one item to be delivered by mail, any additional item adds only $1 to the S&H. So if you preorder the module and one book, you'll pay $11 in S&H (domestically), not $20.

Martin

However the $20 for sending it within the Euro zone is very steep and I guess part of the handling charge to get the people to do it for Battlefront.

Steep? Compared to what?

$20 is about 15 Euros or so (it fluctuates, it was down to almost 12 Euros not long ago). Pure postage is anywhere between 4 to 9 Euros, and then you have to add the Handling part (someone has to process your order).

Some people email us and say that XYZ (insert for example the name of the largest online storefront in the world) ships for free, and why don't we. Well, if we were the largest online storefront in the world, perhaps we would, too :) But compared to many other companies that do shipping in Europe, our S&H, in Euro, is absolutely comparable.

Anyway, the S&H discussion inevitably starts with each release, and apart from a lot of opinions (more or less founded in reality :)) there are only two main points:

1) we charge what we need to cover our cost

2) if you don't like the S&H, order the digital download only. No S&H there.

Martin

Steep? Compared to what?

$20 is about 15 Euros or so (it fluctuates, it was down to almost 12 Euros not long ago). Pure postage is anywhere between 4 to 9 Euros, and then you have to add the Handling part (someone has to process your order).

Some people email us and say that XYZ (insert for example the name of the largest online storefront in the world) ships for free, and why don't we. Well, if we were the largest online storefront in the world, perhaps we would, too :) But compared to many other companies that do shipping in Europe, our S&H, in Euro, is absolutely comparable.

Anyway, the S&H discussion inevitably starts with each release, and apart from a lot of opinions (more or less founded in reality :)) there are only two main points:

1) we charge what we need to cover our cost

2) if you don't like the S&H, order the digital download only. No S&H there.

Martin

I have no problem putting money in to your business Moon it is the rip off taxes in the UK that I object too.

If as you say, that is not the case(shipping inside the EU) on this occasion and the S&H is your handling and the delivery companies handling charges, then I will order mail and download again.

Might even grab then books as part of my order to keep S&H down

And just to round out things - keep in mind that the S&H is per order, not per product. So if you order more than one item to be delivered by mail, any additional item adds only $1 to the S&H. So if you preorder the module and one book, you'll pay $11 in S&H (domestically), not $20.

Martin

Is that the same for Europe? That might help if people who live local to one another can team up to in effect reduce postage costs...

I understand what you are saying about your costs and if that is what you need to charge then so be it. As you say downloading is the option or you can view it as saving $10 by pre-ordering... Depends on your view...

I have no problem putting money in to your business Moon it is the rip off taxes in the UK that I object too.

If as you say, that is not the case(shipping inside the EU) on this occasion and the S&H is your handling and the delivery companies handling charges, then I will order mail and download again.

Might even grab then books as part of my order to keep S&H down

NOOOOO.... books always ship from our US warehouse! We do not stock books in the EU at all (never have). This would make your entire order ship from the US, and you'd get hit with the UK import tax again!

BTW, I understand not wanting to pay the UK surtax! AFAIK this is unique to the UK, no other country in the EU has it; usually the worst you may have to pay is the import VAT, if even that. I don't understand that there isn't a huge uproar in the UK about this.

Martin