So Does Anyone Actually Play This Game??

Just curious, as there's pretty much no activity in this forum.

I was a little disappointed to find that there's practically nothing in the way of training missions (except for that one grossly simplified [and still incomplete, for all that] tutorial which forms the demo), and a little disappointed to find that things can degenerate into an RTS click-fest if one doesn't constantly pause and issue orders then (assuming I can; not entirely sure of this yet as I only just thought of such a style of playing [in the manner of Battlefront's "WeGo" method])....

And is it just me or do soldiers have to be micromanaged here? I'm assuming standard infantry tactics should work but for some reason I've had whole squads wiped out without knowing why -- and in this respect I wish it was more Close Combat-like, when I'd know through audio cues ("Die Einheit ist verloren!") that a unit was lost (ToW2 Kursk's "smart pause" feature requires one to fiddle with some code, simple as it is, if every casualty isn't going to interrupt the game)....

I like them all for what they are. More like simulators of sorts. They have two editors, lots of content. And some lucky people (certainly not me) got the whole darn package of them for like $12 during a few of the Steam and GG sales. So not too much to complain about, in general, anyways.

• 3 weeks later...
I like them all for what they are. More like simulators of sorts. They have two editors, lots of content. And some lucky people (certainly not me) got the whole darn package of them for like $12 during a few of the Steam and GG sales. So not too much to complain about, in general, anyways.

I paid full price for every Close Combat game released and really enjoyed them.

I paid $20 for this one and it's been a surprisingly mixed experience, though I'm still happy enough for my purchase.

i play it very often. I love tow. its the best sim

I'm still trying to learn to play it! The manual doesn't actually explain much...I never got the sense of how everything fits in together, all the capabilities in this game. The one lone tutorial game is even worse at helping newbies understand.