H2HH 1.4.6 available in the H2HH Dropbox

Cheers guys,

for now we are just dropping the files from our incoming/outgoing folders into drop box and that works. This will do until we can get our heads around the H2HH problem.

How do you get H2HH 1.46? it's not on cmmods or the repository and i have pm'd GAJ but got no reply.

I'm happy to report that with v1.46 and a new game we now have this working.

Couldn't get the ongoing game working, but honestly with chat and the incentive to finally getting around to installing Dropbox it still proves quicker and more useful than email.

Thanks to the author for putting in the effort on this.

Para - 2 things could be going wrong...

1) The saved file name by default must be identical to the dropbox folder name for the game....

2) Thus if it is not, you have to go into the settings for that game and point H2HH to the DROPBOX folder that you are using for the game.

Just to be clear..in the drop box should there be a separate folder for each different game? or one mother folder where all game files should go?

Hey para, can use the H2HH Help->Report Bug function to tell us what's going on, we'll take a look.

As part of that, exit H2HH, then start it again (to reset the log) then do whatever it is that is not working, then attach the log to the Report Bug ticket.

Oh - also, move to 1.4.6 as a first thing, too. If you don't already have access to it, drop me a note with your email address and I'll add you to the access list. (Maybe I better put 1.4.6 up at CMMODS sometime soon!)

Thanks!

GaJ

Can you add support for Strategic Command (among others)? Or just customization options (a config file would be enough) so you can tell the program what file extensions to look for and so on.

I'm happy to look at adding any other game support.

A fundamental thing will be "is there a separate folder for each of incoming and outgoing turns, and are the turn files numbered in increasing order". If the answer can be "yes", then H2HH can support the game, I think.

GaJ

Hey para, can use the H2HH Help->Report Bug function to tell us what's going on, we'll take a look.

As part of that, exit H2HH, then start it again (to reset the log) then do whatever it is that is not working, then attach the log to the Report Bug ticket.

Oh - also, move to 1.4.6 as a first thing, too. If you don't already have access to it, drop me a note with your email address and I'll add you to the access list. (Maybe I better put 1.4.6 up at CMMODS sometime soon!)

Thanks!

GaJ

No worries GAJ

I have it working now mate, and have sent requests vbfg to accept sharing of the folders.Waiting on him to see if he can get it going at his end

cheers

I'm happy to look at adding any other game support.

A fundamental thing will be "is there a separate folder for each of incoming and outgoing turns, and are the turn files numbered in increasing order". If the answer can be "yes", then H2HH can support the game, I think.

GaJ

They're saved in the same folder, unfortunately. But they can be numbered increasingly. Would it be possible for the Helper to discern them by even and uneven numbers?

Just to be clear..in the drop box should there be a separate folder for each different game? or one mother folder where all game files should go?

Each different game has to have it's own folder in dropbox... Presumably you would also want to only share each dropbox folder with the specific opponent for that game.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again ...

This is the best add-on ever to happen to CM gaming .... :)

It makes handling a playing any match against PBEM opponent(s) really easy and you don't miss turns. I'm on a MacBook Pro and my PBEM partner is on a Windows 7 PC, but it's really transparent and the chat function is a great bonus!

This capability should be built into CM products ....

Thanks for your team's work GreenAsJade ....

Regards,

Doug

I've said it before, but I'll say it again ...

It makes handling a playing any match against PBEM opponent(s) really easy and you don't miss turns. I'm on a MacBook Pro and my PBEM partner is on a Windows 7 PC, but it's really transparent and the chat function is a great bonus!

This capability should be built into CM products ....

Thanks for your team's work GreenAsJade ....

Regards,

Doug

Completely agree with you.

I would like the chat box to stay rather than disappear everytime you press send..or is that me doing something wrong

Couldn't agree more, it really is good. There was a point last week where I was very frustrated with it and was almost at the "sod it, I'm writing my own" point. But now that we have our heads around it it's working wonderfully well and is a tremendous time and effort saver.