H2HH 1.4.6 available in the H2HH Dropbox

... most significant thing is a bugfix to the "End Game" function, which was not working at all for games that have a "double drop box folder" setup.

While I'm here: a surprising number of people have reported to me that H2HH doesn't work if you play CMBN on more than one machine, using Dropbox to share the game files. It's surprising because it never occurred to me that anyone would do that.

And... sadly... H2HH has no way of coping with this. It assumes, right to its very core, that you are playing on one machine only. Two things will break:

1) if you play with 2 machines, it will lose track of who's turn it is

2) if you play with 2 machines it will loose chat from time to time (in fact, probably

each time you swap machines).

GaJ

As far as who's turn it is, maybe you can have it 'remember' that one player is odd and the other even... Though I suppose it may not know which player it is.. In any case, if you add some kind of marker to the log, maybe that will help.

Yeah - there might be some sort of solution like that, but even this is fragile, because players are at liberty to number the turns however they like, and if you save a game then reload it, the default thing is that the number increases!

It's a really tough one.

As to chat, no clue...

No, me either :) There must be an easy solution if it was given thought, but ...

GaJ

Thank you GaJ for this wonderful piece of software. It definitely makes pbm way 100 x easier !!! Changed my CM gamer life, no less...

Noob question here (sorry) but how does one download the new version of H2HH ?

I've got two games going right now. Can I install the new version without losing my settings ?

Hi I'm new to playing by email.

In the manual it says"If you are sharing game files with your opponent using DropBox, and you have your DropBox set up in the standard way, then H2HH will discover it and automatically help you!"

Could someone explain what is 'the standard way' please. I just set up a dropbox account and I guess I have to share that account with my opponent? Are there any other settings I need before it try to get h2hh to use dropbox?

Cheers

Nick

Hi I'm new to playing by email.

In the manual it says"If you are sharing game files with your opponent using DropBox, and you have your DropBox set up in the standard way, then H2HH will discover it and automatically help you!"

Could someone explain what is 'the standard way' please. I just set up a dropbox account and I guess I have to share that account with my opponent? Are there any other settings I need before it try to get h2hh to use dropbox?

Cheers

Nick

In H2HH just right click on the game and select "Create Dropbox Folder" and it will make the corresponding folder in Dropbox and move the save file there.

Then go to Dropbox and tell it who you want to share this folder with, and it will send an automated e-mail to him.

Kudo's to the h2hh devs, this thing rocks!

Personally, as one who plays multiple oppo's I find setting up a dropbox for each oppo and pointing the gamefile at it via rightclick/editgame to be superior to having a dropbox created for each scenario (sometimes I play the same scenario against multiple oppo's).

Help needed guys

Myself and another member have set up drop box and are sharing a folder. Problem is the H2HH does not seem to be automatically upping the files from the outgoing and incoming folders in game.

we have to manually place the game files into drop box to see them any ideas? we have been at it for 3hours trying to work out what is wrong?

status say waiting and has done all night and it also has 15362 days and 0 files listed.Lastly it has this - under last action

I'm playing para. It's very odd behaviour, it must be detecting the files because it lists the game in the app. I've tried it with "Incoming" DB folder set and with both incoming and outgoing set, but it neither copies out or copies in.

Fwiw, we had already exchanged the first couple of turns when we started using this. I tried starting a game from scratch so that I could go through the process of having h2hh set up the DB folder for me, hoping for better results. It didn't detect file at all on my system, so I didn't get the context menus to let me do that.

We're both on 1.40 btw, I couldn't find 1.46.