MDR files..anyone?

Fuser

I have been trying to modify the foliage in CMBN. Can be done, but the results are always crap. I have used very nice, HDR, plants and shrubs textures, very high quality ones if you ask me and not easy to find!! , but to no avail, the game engine depicts them poorly. There are some suspicious mdr files that, I think prevent any change to be made with success on this tough modding attempt. Has anybody out there any idea on how to open or modify them to allow a better foliage depiction ingame? I think trees (and plants, weeds, bocage, hedges,... for that matter) are impossible to modify if not for color balance,....

I have been trying to modify the foliage in CMBN. Can be done, but the results are always crap. I have used very nice, HDR, plants and shrubs textures, very high quality ones if you ask me and not easy to find!! , but to no avail, the game engine depicts them poorly. There are some suspicious mdr files that, I think prevent any change to be made with success on this tough modding attempt. Has anybody out there any idea on how to open or modify them to allow a better foliage depiction ingame? I think trees (and plants, weeds, bocage, hedges,... for that matter) are impossible to modify if not for color balance,....

Is it something to do with metadraw? files associated with it I mean

Well if your going to use it in your business then I'm sure $400 is worth the price but just for the occasional modding then and thats it then I personally don't see a problem.

The law, plus common sense, are very much opposing your personal views. So do we at Battlefront.com.