Can't download the game!

Of course. I was hoping, though, that someone else might have experiences this and could give me a heads up as to what's going on.

To reassure you, my dealings with BFC have been very positive. And in the very worst and very unlikely case, that can't you download from BFC: as long as you have legitimate license key, the installers are generic so if you can get someone else to send you that installer you can still play the game.

I suppose you contacted them via http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk ? Also, the below might or might not be of help to you.

The main game files are hosted on a major internet backbone (server cloud) with literally unlimited bandwidth and 100% connectivity, but of course there might be connectivity issues in transit which are simply not under our control.

If you are having problems with the download, then from our experience this is usually related to one of your internet security programs interfering with the (encrypted) download. Make sure to adjust your internet security program settings to not interfere with the download. Our games are encrypted against hacking and some anti-virus and internet security programs such as Norton or ZoneAlarm to name a few that are not able to decode the encryption throw a false alarm. Please refer to your program's documentation for how to do this.

We always recommend using one of the download managers that are listed on the download page. Download managers not only allow you to resume downloads after an interrupted connection without having to re-download from scratch, they also usually speed up the delivery by allowing multiple streams to run at the same time. Download speeds can increase up to 500%!

For some extremely large files, such as Theatre of War with nearly 2 GB of data, the use of Download Managers is a must, since the normal browser download won't work with files close to 2 GB (it's a physical limit built-into most browsers).

You may use other download managers than those listed on our download page, of course! Our download portal is compatible with almost all Download Managers available on the market.

You can download each file up to 10 times for 365 days (starting from the day that you first downloaded the game).

If you exceeded your download allowance but still didn't manage to successfully download the file, please submit a support ticket at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk and we will work with you to fix your problem.

Oh, and a "403 forbidden" CAN happen (though it's rare) if your download manager is set up to open way too many simultaneous connections. Most download managers use 3 or 5 or so, and that is fine (and it does speed up the download tremendously), but if you set it to, I don't know, 100 or something like that, you *may* get a 403 thrown out. I've only seen it a couple of times in the 5 years or so we're using our global content delivery network (it's not a server but a server cloud, the new "in" term I guess).

(Wow, I'm not sure where to post this, but the oddest thing just occurred. My bank notified me that I just received $55 from an unspecified online transaction. I thought, "Hey! This is my lucky day!" But then it got better! Suddenly, not only did I have an extra $55, but then I noticed that I had an EXTRA copy of CMBN appear on my hard-drive! WOOT! Should I post this in tech support?)

Oh, come on, now. That was funny. :):):)

I'm totally kidding on ALL the above. My sincerest hope that Spec124 gets his download resolved as soon as possible.

Good luck and enjoy!

Ken