Review of CMSF

Erwin

Well "fatally flawed" certainly depends on the expectations one brings. That said, the core engine is still very much a work in progress. As a content developer who has put significant time into the game, I personally could wish for at least a partial "forward portability" of features like maps and AI plans so all my work is not lost as BFC moves to newer platforms.

Nice review. Agree with the writer about the lack of unmanned drones. It's such an important part of today's tactical combat yet it has been completely neglected by BF. It would have given player a huge advantage I agree but it would be realistic and it could definitely have been countered with inclusion of civilian population and camouflage/AA.

By sweeping the area you could get an indication of troops but you wouldn't know if these are civilians or hostile, in less populated areas camouflage and AA could counter presence of drones and still make it challenging.

Dug in tanks with engines off could still be difficult to see. You still wouldn't get 100% accurate info more like question marks today.

Hopefully we'll see them in the next iteration of modern combat unless BF decides to go to Cold War era or earlier.