Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy has been reviewed by The Wargamer!!

Now isnt it funny, I love CMBN, basically the only game I spend time playing.

I look at the review, place myself in the mind set I figure he is in and I find his review pretty impartial and pretty accurate. Plus I do not see his comments as being negative, just pointing out what he finds within the game, nothing there is a attack to the game and in some ways he is letting you know it is worth buying, just dont expect it to be comparable to other games out there that someone might think it would be similar to.

The game have proven its worth to the people that really play these games. Reviews are not going to impact it much now.

@slysniper

I might agree with your take on it except when I read where he states that the maps are basically nothing to write home about I knew he wasn't for real. Everyone here knows there are maps in this game which leave much to be desired, maps which were quickly put together for QB purposes. Well, we all also know that the map quality depends on the time and effort of the map maker. We've all seen some absolutely beautiful maps which could be considered art. It all depends on the map maker himself but the tools are there in order to make something second to none. That includes scenario design itself and AI tasking. No mention of this in the so called review, in other words he didn't even take the time to delve into the simulation in order to check the real meat and potatoes of it. That is not a review in my book. That is someone just taking a quick bite of something, not digging deep into the ingredients which make up the whole meal.

@slysniper

I might agree with your take on it except when I read where he states that the maps are basically nothing to write home about I knew he wasn't for real. Everyone here knows there are maps in this game which leave much to be desired, maps which were quickly put together for QB purposes. Well, we all also know that the map quality depends on the time and effort of the map maker. We've all seen some absolutely beautiful maps which could be considered art. It all depends on the map maker himself but the tools are there in order to make something second to none. That includes scenario design itself and AI tasking. No mention of this in the so called review, in other words he didn't even take the time to delve into the simulation in order to check the real meat and potatoes of it. That is not a review in my book. That is someone just taking a quick bite of something, not digging deep into the ingredients which make up the whole meal.

Oh, I agree with you totally, but I think he was refering to QB maps at that point, which I agree, almost every QB map in the game lacks quility. But he is commenting from limited knowledge and the write up is short, so that in itself makes things unclear.

I Love some of the maps that are out there and personnally find when I go to the QB, I think, man these need touched up, the problem is, it takes time, i dont even see all our loyal users doing much to dressing up the maps and making them available to all.