New file at the Repository: 130. Panzer Regiment auf dem Vormarsch (2011-12-28)

I Still say Russia alone with no allies had no chance of winning a total victory in the same sense that Germany could never physically occupy the Soviet Union. Who knows with Hitler at the helm, not a great leader when fighting on the defensive nor realizing that mobile warfare is equally effective on the defensive.

All this talk of a Germany vs Russia one on one match up makes me wonder. I should look into making a senario of it in the game War In The East. Might be a hit as an MP senario, most MP guys say that if you dont knock the russians out of the war in year 1 or 2, the game becomes unwinnable for the Germans.

• 2 years later...

This is all very well but can someone explain why I just got my arse kicked by the AI while I was playing the Germans on this one? ;) I thought I was good at this game. (Very MINOR SPOILERS ahead) Hah! My superior optics will make mincemeat of the Americans if I engage them at a distance (I thought). Managed to get some long-range action (1800m-ish) between my Panzer IVs and the Shermans and I couldn't even spot them! I knew they were there because the infantry HQ next to the tanks could see them. Had plenty of good LOS (I know because the Americans could certainly see us) but the Panzers hardly spotted anything. Nailed one Sherman but lost three so reluctantly withdrew from the high ground to cross the river (AT guns were by now largely neutralised). Of course, then we're engaging at medium-ish range and my Panzers did even worse. A three Panzers versus one Sherman engagement led to three smoking Panzers (although at least one of those might have gone to a long-range TD shot) and an unscratched Sherman. Lost most of the armour (nailed 4 Shermans) so hit ceasefire for a minor German loss. (Actually I did slightly better than I thought) Actually thinking of doing this one again (which I hardly ever do) but I'm honestly not sure what I'd do any different. Get better binoculars?

Edited by John1966