Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Herc Prophet 4500 64MB

First - this is light-years better than my old 4MB built-in Intel (no kidding). I'm getting frame rate around 60fps with mid-sized scenarios, fog works, and so on.

However, one question: all the objects are slightly transparent. Normally transparent stuff, like building with troops, are as usual, but I can see, for example, hedges through tanks.

It's the latest drivers from the herc web site, rated for XP (which I'm using). There are a bunch of custom settings for the directX stuff - I don't know where to start, and was hoping someone would have advice before I flip them at random and see what happens.

Thanks.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by phil stanbridge:

I believe there is a registry fix for this that someone posted here a while ago (try a search)<hr></blockquote>

Remarkably, the search worked, and turned up some promising items. i'll try them on the weekend.

Used the settings in this thread . Cured the 'slightly transparent solid stuff' and put the smoke back on the ground. But, cut my frame rate by 1/3 (which I can live with) and made it impossible to escape out and return (bottom half of screen garbled and flashing on return), which I can't.

The parts of the registry that were different from what I had already were:

"UIDummyZLSMode"="1"

"ZStore"="1"

"ZLoad"="1"

Out of interest, does anyone have an explanation as to what this does? I have only passing familiarity with graphics (Z would be one of the axis, but why it would have any effect I'd like to know).