Readiness Bonus

Subbattle2.jpg

What do you think is the strongest sub in the upcoming battle. First of all I don't see any readiness bonus in sea battles (+25%). Maybe there is no bonus. But what I watch in this battle is kind of strange. There are 4 subs marked red. I hope the battle situation is visible.

The sub near the harbor of brest should be the strongest but is the weakest. If you wanna attack the cruiser (strength 7) there are only 2:3 odds, against the battleship (strength 9) 2:2 odds!

The other subs gets 0:4, 1:5 and similar odds. For example the sub at strength 8 gets 0:4 when attacking directly and 0:2 when moving 1 tile before attacking. But this sub is weaker in strength, weaker in readiness and at a weaker sub level 1.

Any suggestions about that.

post-17207-141867623325_thumb.jpg

Hi Amadeus

A new concept was introduced in a recent WWI patch, which now applies here too, whereby submarines attack at less effect if they move before attacking. This is to simulate their ambush role against naval vessels, as even in WWII their commerce raiding capabilities generally far outweighed their naval attack abilities.

There was a thread on it in the WWI forum, I'm pretty sure it's this one:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=100146&highlight=ambush

Bill

The answer is easy:

the sub near the harbor has to move into the battle while the other ones are already in position, dived to persicope depth, waiting for prey...

Subs lose effctiveness if they move. In a sub pack not all subs will find the target, not all we be able to get into attack postion.

Only unmoved subs attack with full strength. They are ready as can be to attack their victim.

Hi Bill, hi xwormwood,

the answer is a little more difficult I guess. A weaker sub (strength 8) at a lower level with fewer readiness should not be stronger as the fully upgraded one. 0:2 instead of 2:2!!! 2 points stronger is not easy to understand.

AND I propose for future patches to display the marine readiness bonus. I think it must be huge, at 100 % more attack value, right?