Strange MG-team behavior.

Had an instance where a single member of a 6 men german HMG-team was "dragged" by a passing stug 500m across the map. At least it appeared that the stug played a role in it. Though it may have been kind of a pathfinding error on behalf of the soldier since the stug passed on the opposite side of the MG-teams bocage cover.

As a result, the MG floating icon is now offset by a hundred meters.

Up to this point this didn't appear as tragic to me as the MG kept firing and I counted it as the loss of one team member.

But now this guy came to in the middle of a field 500m away from the rest of the team. He now starts "shifting position" by crawling all the way back. In the consequence he is wearing the whole team out, which now after 100m of crawling is "tired", although they are stationary and unsuppressed.

Does anyone have a remedy? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Had an instance where a single member of a 6 men german HMG-team was "dragged" by a passing stug 500m across the map. At least it appeared that the stug played a role in it. Though it may have been kind of a pathfinding error on behalf of the soldier since the stug passed on the opposite side of the MG-teams bocage cover.

As a result, the MG floating icon is now offset by a hundred meters.

Up to this point this didn't appear as tragic to me as the MG kept firing and I counted it as the loss of one team member.

But now this guy came to in the middle of a field 500m away from the rest of the team. He now starts "shifting position" by crawling all the way back. In the consequence he is wearing the whole team out, which now after 100m of crawling is "tired", although they are stationary and unsuppressed.

Does anyone have a remedy? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Broadsword and I were just discussing how very occasionally we have seen a member of a team somehow go wandering off, but nothing like what you have experienced. Do you happen to have a save?

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Not precisely. I had one member of a team get slightly wounded (yellow) and fall behind the rest of the team by a hundred meters or so. He eventually caught up when I had the team stop in place for a couple of turns. While he was lagging, the floating icon was displaced to a point between him and the rest of the team.

Michael

I remember this happening waaay back when I was playing the demo - a team advanced through some bocage and crossed a field to the next hedge ... but one guy never went through the gap. The next turn he did, but because the team ( not him ) were now taking fire, he crawled all the way to them ( took about 3 turns ) and caused the whole lot to be "Tired".

I put it down to a random AI pathing glitch - not seen it happen again, so it is, at least, rare.

Not precisely. I had one member of a team get slightly wounded (yellow) and fall behind the rest of the team by a hundred meters or so. He eventually caught up when I had the team stop in place for a couple of turns. While he was lagging, the floating icon was displaced to a point between him and the rest of the team.

I've seen this behavior several times as well. Additionally, I've seen one member of a team get separated from the group and then, after giving the group a movement order, I've had all of the other members run back towards the lost guy. It's as though they're meeting in the middle before they can continue on to their destination. In these circumstances most of the team ends up getting slaughtered because rather than moving to cover as ordered they run out into the open to join their lost comrade.

I've seen this behavior several times as well. Additionally, I've seen one member of a team get separated from the group and then, after giving the group a movement order, I've had all of the other members run back towards the lost guy. It's as though they're meeting in the middle before they can continue on to their destination. In these circumstances most of the team ends up getting slaughtered because rather than moving to cover as ordered they run out into the open to join their lost comrade.

Now that would be a pisser.

Michael