1.4 wishlist

Deputy

I hope Battlefront/1C hasn't decided to end support and upgrades to this game. Posts on this forum seem to be kinda sparse compared to when the game first came out. So I thought I might start a wishlist for future upgrades or patches.

First let me say I am VERY happy to see the King Tiger tank in the game. It's what actually made me decide to buy the game. Unfortunately, my other favorite is the Panzerjäger Tiger Ausf. B or Jagdtiger and that is still missing. I sure would like to see them in the next patch or upgrade. They were used on both the Eastern and Western front, although there were only 88 of them built.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdtiger

Second request would be for some elite infantry. AFAIK infantry are just listed as that...infantry. While the Grossdeutshland was pretty much an entire elite unit, there were many other elite units fielded gy the Germans (and allies). Two examples for the Germans are the Waffen-SS and Fallschirmjager (paratroops). Both were known as tough opponents and of a higher level of training and ability than the standard infantry soldier. Heck, the Waffen-SS even had their own version of paratroops...the SS Fallschirmjager Battalion 600. Allied paratroops and Special Forces units (Rangers, Commandos, etc) could also be included.

Third request would be a logical one...a new version depicting the Battle of the Bulge. Then we would be able to make use of the more "modern" tanks included in the game. Another possibility would be the war in the Mediterranean. That one always seems to get overlooked.

I suspect the 'easiest' way to get the units you want is via mods. There are some dedicated & skilled modders in the ToW community.

It is also possible to try making those mods yourself. A Jagdtiger could be a good start.

The possibility exists with ToW to make your own campaigns etc, Arzok & Gnasher have done some great stuff for ToW1.

Tartari is undertaking the mammoth task of importing ToW1 & 2 maps & matériel to ToW3.

I would like the devs to produce some WW2 content for the ToW3 engine but in the meantime we are lucky to have Tartari!

If 1C ultimately don't want to continue development of ToW they have at least provided some tools to allow the gamers to make some really great additions to the series content.

I suspect the 'easiest' way to get the units you want is via mods. There are some dedicated & skilled modders in the ToW community.

It is also possible to try making those mods yourself. A Jagdtiger could be a good start.

The possibility exists with ToW to make your own campaigns etc, Arzok & Gnasher have done some great stuff for ToW1.

Tartari is undertaking the mammoth task of importing ToW1 & 2 maps & matériel to ToW3.

I would like the devs to produce some WW2 content for the ToW3 engine but in the meantime we are lucky to have Tartari!

If 1C ultimately don't want to continue development of ToW they have at least provided some tools to allow the gamers to make some really great additions to the series content.

Where are these mods located at? Quite honestly, I am not much interested in, nor do I have the time for, DIY mods. :)

Where are these mods located at? Quite honestly, I am not much interested in, nor do I have the time for, DIY mods. :)

Check my threads for D/L URLs.

Considering the quality of the fan mods (including increased accuracy & detail + new units) you are missing out on a lot of quality work by ignoring them.

Considering the quality of the fan mods (including increased accuracy & detail + new units) you are missing out on a lot of quality work by ignoring them.

I am not ignoring them. I did a search but didn't find any of them except the few listed at the Battlefront location.

Well I went through pretty much all your threads. The few download URLs are broken. I suspect there isn't much interest in this game any more. If you do a Google search nothing comes up for mods for it. That's probably why it is being sold as a "bundle" with Caen. They are clearing the shelves of old stock. The Battlefront mods has a grand total of 5 mods for download. I have a feeling this game is DOA. You can see there are no new posts from players on the Battlefront forum except for mine and another guy that is having problems with the Steam version. Too bad. This game had a lot of promise once they fixed the bugs in it.:(

No new posts? Really?

I can access all those files so I know the links are fine.

Wargames are a niche market but the people that play them tend to be a committed community.

Enthusiasts learn the skills & take the time to develop/improve what they care about.

It isn't coincidence that BFC & 1C have produced games that get the enthusiast community involved in the creative process.

There are people playing & modding this series all over the world.

No new posts? Really?

I can access all those files so I know the links are fine.

Wargames are a niche market but the people that play them tend to be a committed community.

Enthusiasts learn the skills & take the time to develop/improve what they care about.

It isn't coincidence that BFC & 1C have produced games that get the enthusiast community involved in the creative process.

There are people playing & modding this series all over the world.

Yes really. Of the five new threads on this forum, three of them are mine, including this one. The other two threads are a complaint about the Steam version and another one wondering if this game is worth buying. The very few links I found were all broken. So I don't know where you are looking, but having to look in the archives to find things is a pretty good indicator that this game is on the way OUT.

As to games of this kind or ANY computer games, they are on the way out. Major PC game companies have been switching over to X-Box and other cartridge games for quite a while. A good example is Electronic Arts. They used to make all kinds of computer games. Not any more. Almost everything is for game systems now. A company has to be able to make a profit to stay in business. The only computer games that are selling are first person and role playing games.

As to people playing and modding this game all over the world...maybe. They are certainly keeping those mods to themselves. Doing a Google search brings up NOTHING for mods, other than the five mods on the Battlefront website. So these worldwide mod-makers must be some kind of underground cult.

Many folks buy a game to play it...not hack into it and be creative. I couldn't care less about the internal workings or creating things. I WOULD pay for an upgrade like the three items I mentioned in my first post. Game companies stay in business by making a profit. Users making mods doens't put any money in thier pockets. So lets try and steer this thread BACK ON TOPIC and post whatever changes or improvements you would like to see in the game, rather than turning this into a DIY thread.

I don't have the SKILL to help. :(

I am very surprised :confused:

You don't know how to play this game ?

One of the more time consuming activity is to test mod.

You just have to know how to play, and give feedback.

Just ask what you can do to help.

I am very surprised :confused:

You don't know how to play this game ?

One of the more time consuming activity is to test mod.

You just have to know how to play, and give feedback.

Just ask what you can do to help.

I just bought the game a few days ago. I know the basics. I'm not looking for user mods. And that's not what this thread is about. I am asking for input from users, if there are any who still visit this forum, about what they would like to see in the next patch or upgrade from the game makers. If they haven't turned this game into vaporware.

Yes really. Of the five new threads on this forum, three of them are mine, including this one. The other two threads are a complaint about the Steam version and another one wondering if this game is worth buying. The very few links I found were all broken. So I don't know where you are looking, but having to look in the archives to find things is a pretty good indicator that this game is on the way OUT.

As to games of this kind or ANY computer games, they are on the way out. Major PC game companies have been switching over to X-Box and other cartridge games for quite a while. A good example is Electronic Arts. They used to make all kinds of computer games. Not any more. Almost everything is for game systems now. A company has to be able to make a profit to stay in business. The only computer games that are selling are first person and role playing games.

As to people playing and modding this game all over the world...maybe. They are certainly keeping those mods to themselves. Doing a Google search brings up NOTHING for mods, other than the five mods on the Battlefront website. So these worldwide mod-makers must be some kind of underground cult.

Many folks buy a game to play it...not hack into it and be creative. I couldn't care less about the internal workings or creating things. I WOULD pay for an upgrade like the three items I mentioned in my first post. Game companies stay in business by making a profit. Users making mods doens't put any money in thier pockets. So lets try and steer this thread BACK ON TOPIC and post whatever changes or improvements you would like to see in the game, rather than turning this into a DIY thread.

OK, I get that you are all about statistically dubious opinions & inaccuracy

e.g. -When I say posts I don't mean threads, there are active posters talking about & playing this game.

Bottom line -

I was suggesting the option of looking elsewhere when you aren't being fed by the devs.

Even 'big' sellers like Total War have users improving their base games.

It is a normal situation, not a conspiracy to hijack your thread.

OK, I get that you are all about statistically dubious opinions & inaccuracy

e.g. -When I say posts I don't mean threads, there are active posters talking about & playing this game.

Bottom line -

I was suggesting the option of looking elsewhere when you aren't being fed by the devs.

Even 'big' sellers like Total War have users improving their base games.

It is a normal situation, not a conspiracy to hijack your thread.

And I had ASKED for links to these "elsewheres", as Google and Yahoo searches provide NOTHING. I was told to look in the archives. Does that sound like a game actively being played? WHERE are these "active posters" talking about this game?? They certainly aren't in this forum. Most of the POSTS in this forum are from back in 2010 or earlier and they are about patches released a long time ago.

And for the last and final time...I DON'T CARE about user "improvements". I am more interested in DEVELOPER improvements. If no more are forthcoming FROM THE DEVELOPER, then this game is vaporware.

• 3 weeks later...

Link?:confused:

Me too...(:confused:)

Are the Axis powers playable, then?

And I only see all of seven threads in this entire forum. Really shocked that there's apparently not much more interest!

I'll be getting this title soon enough once I get through the demo and learn gameplay mechanics...so far, in a half hour of play, I like what I see but I need a manual to really try things out....

Me too...(:confused:)

Are the Axis powers playable, then?

And I only see all of seven threads in this entire forum. Really shocked that there's apparently not much more interest!

I'll be getting this title soon enough once I get through the demo and learn gameplay mechanics...so far, in a half hour of play, I like what I see but I need a manual to really try things out....

You can play the Germans in Kursk. But only the Allies in Caen. That's a real bummer and takes away from the game. Only way you can play the Germans in Caen is in Quick Missions or Simple Mission builder. Can't do it in Campaign Mode. The paper manual is pretty skimpy. They include a pdf manual which is more detailed.

Hi again, Deputy;

Looks like you and me are the only ones playing this game! Thanks for all your help. Anyway, I like this title well enough and plan on purchasing it next month (yeah, thirty bucks is something I gotta budget for in this economy!!)...would still love to see where all these links and posts are at, that Arzok was referring to.....

Hi again, Deputy;

Looks like you and me are the only ones playing this game! Thanks for all your help. Anyway, I like this title well enough and plan on purchasing it next month (yeah, thirty bucks is something I gotta budget for in this economy!!)...would still love to see where all these links and posts are at, that Arzok was referring to.....

If you look in the archive you will find lively discussions on the problems people had playing the game. Many simply abandoned it and went back to other games like the Combat Misson games.