Infantry unit?

Has anyone put together a sticky or some other document that lists the composition of the various infantry units (squads)? For example, a Panzergrenadier squad has X rifles, Y LMG, Z MP, etc. I know that the actual composition varies among squads in a particular platoon - one might have an MP44, another might have three SMG, another two LMG.

The thing is that the quick battle forces selector doesn't tell me which units have AT capabilities and which don't, which US squads are all rifle and which aren't, and so on.

I'm sure someone has done this. I just couldn't find it.

• 2 weeks later...

The German infantry units and to a lesser extent US vehicle crews, scout/breach teams and 1 man in rifle squads tend to have some randomness in armament, so that would have to be analyzed if this were done.

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed you addressed this. Would be neat to have % chance of particular weapon though.

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/kstn/kstnmain.htm

This guy has a lot of info about what German units down to company level were supposed to look like. It's in German, but I guess you can find the most important stuff anyway.

Especially for the late war organization, it's not necessarily what they actually did look like (like PzGren companies equipped with lots of StG44), but the early & midwar stuff is pretty accurate. So, while that may be not exactly what is modelled in the game, it should give you a general idea of what you're getting into.

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/kstn/kstnmain.htm

This guy has a lot of info about what German units down to company level were supposed to look like. It's in German, but I guess you can find the most important stuff anyway.

Especially for the late war organization, it's not necessarily what they actually did look like (like PzGren companies equipped with lots of StG44), but the early & midwar stuff is pretty accurate. So, while that may be not exactly what is modelled in the game, it should give you a general idea of what you're getting into.

Very nice site.