gold version

hello,

must i install all patches before 1.07? i have no patches installed, because the game runs fine. only if new units come with a patch or big bugs must be fixed i install a patch. if i install gold without 1.07, then the new features, units etc. are not available or what happened?

mathias

You do NOT need to install all of the previous patches. 1.07 is "comprehensive" and includes all of the previous patch content as far as I'm aware.

I believe 1.07 may be necessary for the Gold edition to work, otherwise it may not recognize the 'standard' install and may refuse to run. I don't know if 1.07 affects any of the 'content' of the Gold edition, but I'm under the impression that without it the Gold edition will launch with an error about needing an activated copy of SC Global in order to run.

Both games are in different folders, i patched my global conflict to 1.07 so I can continue to play the advanced reich mod and then I also installed the Gold and it is created in another folder and when I start the game it says version 1.00 which is normal.

I bought and downloaded the Gold Bundle yesterday. It downloaded and installed into two separate files. Included in there is an update program icon so I clicked on it for both the GC original game and the Gold - separately, of course - and both were at the current version. That v 1.07 for GC and 1.00 for the Gold.

1.07 is for the "standard" Global Conquest WITHOUT the Gold-expansion.

After you have installed it, the "standard" Global Conquest (without the Gold-expansion) will be at version 1.07.

So if you want to play the most modern version of the STANDARD Global Conquest, install the patch 1.07.

And yes, the result will probably be that your safe-game files won't load anymore.

But the new game features are worth it, espacially if you still play the standard Global Conquest version 1.00.

If you have bought the set from Battlefront (Global Conquest together with the Gold expansion) you don't have to install no patch right now.

For the GOLD-expansion there is no patch (at least not until today).

So if you play SC Global Conflict Gold in version 1.00, than everything is fine and as it should be.

If you already own the STANDARD SC Global Conquest without the GOLD expansion, than you should download and install patch 1.07. as this offers some fixes and corrections and prepares the STANDARD Global Conquest for a GOLD-expansion installation.

Repeat: there is no patch yet for Global Conquest Gold.

And the GOLD-expansion is an expansion. You have to own and install the STANDARD Global Conquest to be able to install and play the Gold-expansion.

Which is more than worth its money.

:)

Any campaigns you have edited will not be removed by installing a patch UNLESS the modified campaign has exactly the same name as an official campaign.

So, for example, if you've modified 1939 World at War and called it 1939 World at War Mod, then this campaign will not be lost, and will still be available for you to start new games with.

There are so many changes and improvements made that it wasn't really possible, e.g. converting the GC campaigns to work in the Gold engine required changing all the country slots and unit types, the extra Majors, not to mention the interface redesign and everything that entailed.

ok bill, i understand. but why you kick off the normal arty, not all countries have rocket arty :-)

one editor prob: i have added dutch guiana between french guiana and brit. guiana. now is the script update in surrender #1, 6th surrender, not possible, error message is a prob with the countries id. what can or must i do?

Partly for balance reasons, but also due to the scale so that only the special rocket artillery fielded by Germany and the USSR are in the game.

Without seeing the script it's hard to tell, but when you try to update the surrender #1 script, there should be a message giving you some information on the problem?