Several installs?

I've noticed that GOLD installs itself in a different folder than the "vanilla" global conflict game.

Is GOLD in fact a stand alone expansion? It appears that way when I inspect the content of the two game folders. Can I uninstall the vanilla global conflict now that I have GOLD ?

regards

Thore

Sorry to ask a different question here but.. I thought Battlefront.com changed it's policy's to 10 downloads and 2 Licences. I purchased Gold, and when I try to download the original GC from my account is says my account has expired. This is very disappointing as I've already paid for the original before, and now bought Gold but can not play it. I think I should be able to access my old copy so I can play the new one I purchased.

crispy131313 - With eLicense the download lasts for 365 days or 10 download ATTEMPTS, whichever occurs FIRST. My assumption here is that your 365 days has elapsed and that is the reason for the expiration of your download. eLicense allows for two concurrent activations. You can install in many different places (computers, other boot partitions, etc.), but only two of those installations may be activated at the same time. If you unlicense one, you can then activate another.

If you still need access to your download, then open up a ticket in the Helpdesk and provide your license key and the date of your SC WWII Global Conflict purchase and we'll determine what can be done at this point.

Thore - I don't current have an install of SC WWII Gold yet, but if it is like SC Weapons and Warfare, then you CANNOT uninstall the 'vanilla' SC Global. The Gold edition probably is somewhat standalone (it isn't using the previous installation files, etc.). However I believe like SC WAW (needing SC2 Blitzkrieg), it needs an activated (and patched to 1.07 in this case) copy of SC WWII Global Conflict in order to run. If the 'vanilla' game is not installed AND activated, then the Gold edition probably will not run.

If that is true, that GOLD just need vanlilla installed, and doesn't use any of the files, it's just plain dumb.

Can someone please clarify this?

Oh and by the way, i usually enjoy listening to radio over the net while conquering europe, but i'd like to hear just some of the sounds of the game. Could it be possible to add an volume configuration somewhere in the game instead of the on/off switch? Thanks :)

This activation and licensing scheme is the only complaint I got with this, otherwise, fine company. Why they can't be more customer friendly is beyond me.(think matrix games for friendly licensing).

I feel they lose buyers because of it. I personally have two friends who would like some of the games, but won't touch these because of it. I've been lucky so far, but I smell trouble in the future because CMBN forced me to use several activations on install. All Battlefronts fault, but nonetheless, I hope my computer don't crap out for a year!

Then there was trouble with Global Gold not taking the auto licensing, I had to do it manually, Who knows what future headaches are in store for me because of that. Thanks Battlefront, I love you guys, but DAMN.:)

That's what I wrote about in another post vonRocko. It's like if you buy a book and fail to read it within the year and then when you want to read it you have to pay for it again. If this continues, most likely I will not purchase and I have spent some bucks on their games, just not a user friendly way to do business. I hope they change the status of this policy.