Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mouse freezes in scenario selection.

I've posted this before; twice before actually. I post it something like every three months in the hopes of solving the problem. My mouse freezes out and will not let me select a scenario from the selection screen. I'm using a MS optical mouse with USB. But I've tried a plain vanilla one in the regular mouse port. I have downloaded the latest Voodoo 3 drivers and direct x. I have tried running it patched and unpatched. This is vexing also because I ran the game without trouble for a few weeks, and had this happen when I upgraded my computer. I really loved the game, hence all the trouble to get it running again. Many thanks in advance. :confused:

I wouldn't imagine that the CPU upgrade, in and of itself, would cause this problem. Was this strictly a CPU upgrade or did you upgrade other hardware. Can you go back to your old 700MHz P3 (though I highly doubt that this would make a difference) ?

I would hazard to guess that a piece of software that you installed may have been enough to have the problem reoccur. However I have no idea what it could be.